Chapter 8: Proposing to Move Out

Jiang Chenyu turned around. "What are you following me for?"

"Jiang Chenyu, let's move out," Gu Nuan Nuan said earnestly. "Staying here in your house will only end up with your sister-in-law, your brother, and maybe even your father being hospitalized because of me."

She looked at him with pleading eyes. "What do you think?"

She really didn't want to stay here anymore. She disliked every single person in the Jiang household. The domineering old man, the unpleasant Wei Aihua, and the inscrutable Mayor Jiang were all unbearable to Gu Nuan Nuan.

Jiang Chenyu was her husband and should be the closest person to her in the Jiang family. But he turned out to be the one who disliked her the most.

Gu Nuan Nuan even thought that it might be more comfortable to rent a small apartment of thirty to forty square meters than to stay in this mansion.

Seeing the desire to escape in the girl's eyes, Jiang Chenyu's Adam's apple bobbed. "As long as you don't send me to the hospital, you can do whatever you want to the others."

With that, he walked away.

Little did Jiang Chenyu know that one day he would indeed be hospitalized because of his young wife's anger.

At the moment, he found it amusing. How capable could she be to make his family members end up in the hospital?

However, letting her leave and live comfortably outside wasn't too cheap of him, was it?

She had just married into the Jiang family. Why shouldn't she "enjoy" the Jiang family's life properly?

The corner of Jiang Chenyu's mouth lifted. "Gu Nuan Nuan, I hope you will have good luck in the Jiang family."

In the dining room, Jiang Lao listened with a stern face as the servants explained the situation. He understood exactly what had happened.

"Did she really say that?" Jiang Lao asked the servants present.

The servants nodded. "Those were the exact words of the First and Second Madams."

Jiang Lao's cheeks bulged, and he pressed his hand hard against the edge of the table. "You may all leave, and remove the tableware."

"Yes, sir."

Everyone dispersed, leaving only the butler beside him.

"I just thought she was likable, and the next moment she would do something that disgusted me," Jiang Lao said.

The butler knew who he was referring to. Besides the recently arrived Gu Nuan Nuan, there was no one else.

Standing impartially in the middle, the butler spoke a fair word, "Sir, I believe there's something suspicious about this. Although the First Madam may have biases against the Second Madam, she wouldn't stoop to humiliating her. After all, the First Madam has always been quite self-confident, and she wouldn't easily say something that lowers her status. To say something like this today, there must be something that happened or something that triggered her.

As for the Second Madam, it was indeed wrong of her to directly insult the First Madam. But if we think about it from her perspective, the Second Madam is a filial child. If she hadn't been filial, she wouldn't have been threatened and forced to marry into the Jiang family. However, when the First Madam insulted her family, it's only natural for her to get angry.

Both sides are at fault, and both need to be investigated thoroughly."

Jiang Lao and Wei Aihua had a mother-in-law relationship of more than twenty years. In these twenty-plus years, Jiang Lao had long regarded Wei Aihua as his own daughter. When something bad happened, Jiang Lao immediately blamed all the faults on the newcomer, Gu Nuan Nuan. After all, who would think that their own children were at fault?