Chapter 12: The Root of the Problem

Wei Aihua's eyes were determined. "I got this."

She sneered, "A newbie daughter-in-law acting like she's the boss already. Rou'er's right, I won't let her off the hook."

"I'll always support you, sis."

At that moment, a servant knocked on the door. "Miss, Mayor Jiang is here to pick up Madam Mayor."

"Honey!" Wei Aihua exclaimed in surprise. She got up from Gao Rou'er's bed, ready to leave.

Intentionally, Gao Rou'er held Wei Aihua back. "Sis, why don't you stay here tonight? We can have a good chat and I'll tell big brother that you're not someone to be messed with."

Wei Aihua wanted to stay, but the thought of her husband personally coming to pick her up made her realize she had to go out and meet him. After all, this wasn't their home, and a man's dignity had to be preserved.

Wei Aihua said, "I'll go out to meet your big brother and tell him my decision."

Gao Rou'er's eyes filled with worry, her voice trembling as she spoke, "Sis, I'm worried that Nuannuan has brainwashed big brother. If you see him, he might bully you."

"You're overthinking it. He won't."

Although she said this, Wei Aihua couldn't forget the slap her husband had given her for Nuannuan's sake.

In the end, she left.

As soon as she appeared, Mayor Jiang stood up and said to Gao Dong, "Sorry for the disturbance, I'll discuss official matters another time. It's getting late today, so I'll take Aihua back first. If Gao Dong has time tomorrow, come to my office. Gao Dong, you're always welcome."

He didn't give Wei Aihua a chance to speak and approached her, wrapping his arm around her shoulders, reminding her with a firm grip to behave.

"I want to chat with Rou'er tonight," Wei Aihua said.

Mayor Jiang replied, "Plenty of time for that. It's late now, staying at someone else's house isn't proper. Invite Rou'er to our place another day to keep you company."

He didn't agree with his wife's request, nor did he give Gao Dong a chance to stop them. He blocked Wei Aihua and pushed her into the car.

After getting into the car, Wei Aihua still wanted to get out. Mayor Jiang's face darkened as he warned, "Wei Aihua, don't make me say something unpleasant in front of others."

He pulled his wife into her seat and drove to the hotel.

Knowing his wife was upset and didn't want to go home, he stayed with her at the hotel.

Inside the hotel room, Wei Aihua sat on the bed, hands covering her face, crying. "I'm the one who's hurt, why are you all siding with her?"

"You're an adult, arguing with a child over jealousy. How old are you, and how old is she?"

"Yes, I'm older, I'm old. But! I'm not as scheming as she is. Nuannuan just wants to push me out and be the lady of the Jiang family, but I won't let her have her way."

Mayor Jiang sat beside her, frowning. "Who told you that Nuannuan wants to be the lady of the Jiang family?"

Jiang Chenyu was also involved in the marriage between him and Gu Nuannuan.

Back then, that little girl deliberately made herself ugly to avoid marriage. Later, she was forced by her father to marry his younger brother. How could she want to be the lady of the Jiang family?

There must be a misunderstanding.

Wei Aihua and Mayor Jiang had been married for many years, and she had never hidden anything from her husband.