Chapter 72: The Match

His words were meant to humiliate her, implying that Gu Nuannuan knew about the match, felt stressed, and sought out a man to relieve herself. Gu Nuannuan sneered. The black paint hid her innocent face, and the more mysterious she appeared, the more others wanted to uncover her secrets.

"Sorry to make you jealous. I have a husband, can't help it. If you're envious of my husband's affection, maybe when you lose this match, you can find a husband too. Get a love mark on your neck to comfort yourself."

A woman having a husband is natural, but suggesting a man find a husband is an insult to the so-called macho men participating in the match. Gu Nuannuan never held back her grudges. He mocked her, so she retaliated with venomous words.

Gu Nuannuan's words always hit the heart like a dagger. Surprisingly, Sparrow didn't get angry; instead, he burst out laughing. She glanced at him, her disdainful gaze shifting elsewhere. His laugh, exposing yellow teeth, made her think of him as a clown.

Judging by his voice, she estimated him to be a young man between twenty and thirty years old. While seemingly stretching her limbs, she scrutinized his hands. A person's hands reveal much about them.

Laborers have rough, calloused hands with short, thick fingers and yellowish skin. Pure fitness enthusiasts, spending time in gyms, have smoother skin and paler muscles due to less sun exposure. Office or literary workers have slightly different fingertips, with delicate palm lines despite good skin quality, differing from those who work out.

By observing his hands, she deduced he was a laborer. The yellow teeth indicated years of smoking, probably around twenty-seven or twenty-eight years old, working in a basic job exposed to the elements.

With this information, Gu Nuannuan identified his weaknesses. As she finished stretching, the previous match concluded. Sparrow spat on the ground to disgust her, but she ignored it, taking a different path.

Jiangsu and Su Xiaomo anxiously watched from the sidelines, wanting to give advice but fearing it would distract her. They silently observed their slender friend on the stage.

Seeing the cunning in his eyes, Gu Nuannuan grew serious, uninterested in verbal sparring. The crowd was fervent. "Auntie" was here, and the audience was thrilled. Her matches were always spectacular, her fighting style elegant like an art form. Her fame from the Blue Field brought her fans to cheer her on.

Many, including Sparrow, wanted to be her opponent and knock her down to claim her fame. Despite knowing she was a young woman, Sparrow provocatively removed his shirt, showing off his muscular torso. He taunted her, "What would your husband do if he knew a shirtless man had you pinned?"

"He'd die," Jiangsu retorted from below, defending Gu Nuannuan. If anyone dared harm her, his uncle would likely throw the man into a meat grinder out of fury.

Participating in a men's match was inherently challenging for a woman, but Gu Nuannuan wasn't fazed. She was in competition mode. As the signal sounded, the crowd held their breath, watching the two on stage.

They were still testing each other, keeping a distance. The man hurled insults at her, making Jiangsu furious, wanting to intervene. However, Gu Nuannuan remained calm, her eyes filled with rationality.

Suddenly, she rushed forward. The man thought she was attacking, but she quickly leaned back, dodging. She had only feigned an attack, causing him to defend hastily. As she stood up, the crowd burst into laughter.

"Sparrow isn't a match for 'Auntie'. He only knows how to taunt, no real skill."

"'Auntie' is agile, but Sparrow looks clumsy. He's going to lose."