Chapter 44: Mr. Jiang's Kitty

The man in the office cranked up the volume of the elevator, his smile too big to be hidden by his hand.

His adorable little kitten of a wife had come to bring him food, and she was overthinking things as usual.

Mr. Jiang's mood was beyond "good."

Even if someone were to tell him right now that the Jiang Group had gone bankrupt, he might just smile and say, "Well, that's that."

Ding.

Nuan Nuan glanced at the floor number and knew she had arrived.

She stepped out of the elevator.

Taking in the looks from the people around her, Nuan Nuan stood still, wondering why everyone was staring.

"Hey, wife?" Suddenly someone called out to Nuan Nuan.

Nuan Nuan immediately gestured for them to shush.

Right now, she couldn't afford to alert Mr. Jiang, or he would know she had taken the private elevator.

The people in the CEO's office unconsciously held their breath.

Seeing the things Nuan Nuan held in her hand, everyone started to speculate. Perhaps the wife had come to surprise the boss.

The secretaries all nodded, ready to assist Nuan Nuan in giving the big boss a surprise.

Nuan Nuan bounced over to her husband's office door with a smile.

She gently knocked on the door.

"Come in," came the man's voice, still filled with pleasure.

Nuan Nuan pushed open the door, revealing her face to the man seated behind the desk, "Hi, hubby."

"Why are you here? Had enough sleep?" Jiang Yu stood up to greet her.

Nuan Nuan entered the room and closed the door behind her.

Outside the office, the secretaries were buzzing.

"I think the wife seems extra gentle this time."

"Yeah, I agree. Last time she showed up, she scolded the boss. I was afraid I'd lose my head if I heard too much."

"Is she here to apologize this time? She seems to be trying to please the boss."

"Could be."

Outside, the discussions continued.

Inside, it was all warmth.

Nuan Nuan sat on the sofa and placed the food container on the table, "Hubby, the butler told me you haven't eaten. He asked me to bring you food. Since I'm already here to bring you food, why don't I just eat with you? Are you going to reject me?"

Jiang Yu sat across from her, opening the lid of the food container. "Why would I reject you?"

"Then, you don't reject me." Nuan Nuan replied.

Jiang Yu asked, "How did you come up?"

Suddenly, the little girl froze, "I, I took the elevator, there were so many people."

Jiang Yu looked at her and smiled, "So have you been here for a long time?"

"It's, it's okay. It's just that, um, there were a lot of people, and the elevator stopped at every floor, which delayed things." Nuan Nuan couldn't meet Jiang Yu's eyes directly.

Jiang Yu was somewhat surprised. Why didn't she tell him she took his private elevator?

"Xiao Nuan, with so many people, why didn't you take my private elevator?"