Chapter 40: Baby Kicked Me, Honey!

Seeing Jiang Chenyu looking a bit puzzled, Gu Nuannuan explained, "He said we should discuss business upstairs. As a family, eating in the lobby and enjoying the laughter is more joyful and carefree."

Jiang Chenyu raised an eyebrow, "Not bad. Next time, let's try the lobby." He hadn't eaten on the first floor of the restaurant before.

Gu Nuannuan bit her tongue, feeling regretful, "Why did I say so much?"

But, with food in front of them, it didn't matter where they sat.

Soon, news of Jiang Chenyu's arrival at Man Xiang Restaurant spread. It was said that he was dining with his family.

In less than five minutes, someone appeared as if by chance and excitedly greeted Jiang Chenyu.

Seeing the woman next to Jiang Chenyu, the person asked, "Is this Mrs. Jiang?"

Jiang Chenyu looked at the obedient girl by his side and introduced, "My wife, Gu Nuannuan."

Gu Nuannuan smiled and greeted, completely unreserved, which made Jiang Lao have a slightly better impression of her.

This kid had some guts. At least she wasn't shy.

He remembered the first time he met Gu Nuannuan. Despite deliberately pretending to be ugly, her spirited attitude and temperament were extraordinary.

Jiang Lao tasted the tea and nodded in satisfaction. It seemed he was satisfied with the taste of both the tea and his new daughter-in-law.

As the acquaintance left, Gu Nuannuan acted like a child again, "Honey, I think that was no coincidence. Don't you think?"

"Hmm." Jiang Chenyu stroked Gu Nuannuan's hair, as if petting a cat.

Before long, the food arrived, and she saw the delicacies, her eyes twinkling.

"Dad, let's eat! These dishes taste like money!"

Jiang Lao chuckled, "Not delicious?"

"Of course, they're delicious. There's a reason they're expensive." She picked up a shrimp and tasted it, fresh and tender. After a few bites, she picked up a piece of crispy corn roll, "Mmm, delicious! Really good, honey."

Jiang Chenyu chuckled helplessly and tasted it himself.

Little did they know, a pair of eyes had been watching them from a corner downstairs.

Gao Qianbing held her phone, looking up at Gu Nuannuan enjoying her meal with great delight.

She called Gao Rouer, "Cousin, I saw her..."

Half an hour later, while the family of three was happily chatting, an unexpected guest arrived.

"Chenyu." Gao Rouer's voice was tinged with affection.

Then, Gu Nuannuan saw that "fragile" woman again.

Last time, she had sowed discord between her and her sister-in-law. Gu Nuannuan hadn't settled the score with her yet, but today, she had taken the initiative to come. Gu Nuannuan put down her chopsticks. "Miss Gao, what do you want with my husband?"

"I'm looking for Chenyu." Gao Rouer put on a helpless act in front of Jiang Chenyu and Jiang Lao.

She thought she could win his sympathy with her appearance.

But, unfortunately, Jiang's men were not ordinary men.

Jiang Chenyu only had eyes for his wife.

"My husband is annoyed by you. Just tell me if you have something to say."