Chapter 33: No Thanks Needed for Hubby's Help

Ge Nuanuan smiled even more charmingly. She really wanted to hug Jiang Chenyu. What's up with her apple cheeks being so plump and Jiang Chenyu's eyes locking onto hers? "Why are you suddenly so nice to me?" she asked.

"Do I need a reason?" Jiang Chenyu countered.

Ge Nuanuan asked, "Just because I'm your wife? There's no other reason?"

"What reason do you want?" Men don't understand what women want to hear. After Jiang Chenyu said this, Ge Nuanuan's smile gradually faded. Finally, she softly said, "I'm going to take a shower now. Thanks for what you did for me today."

Jiang Chenyu felt her happiness dimming after his last question. Did he say something wrong?

In the bathroom, Ge Nuanuan looked at herself in the mirror, feeling a bit lost. These past few days, all she heard were Xiao Mo and Jiang Su brainwashing her, saying that Jiang Chenyu had fallen for her, which almost made her believe it.

Just now, she asked.

Jiang Chenyu's kindness to her was only because she was the girl he married, not because he had any affection for her. It was just luck that she was his wife. If it were someone else married to him, he would treat them the same way.

Ge Nuanuan sighed in disappointment. "What dreams am I having? I can hardly distinguish reality anymore."

She took a shower.

Lost in thought, she stayed in the bath longer than usual, almost making Jiang Chenyu go in and fetch her.

Ge Nuanuan: "I'm done, I'm done. Coming."

She wrapped herself in a towel and walked out of the bathroom. "You can go take a shower now."

Seeing the droplets of water on her body and her blushing cheeks, Jiang Chenyu asked, "Did you fall asleep just now?"

"No, I was lost in thought. Lost track of time," she said as she took out a hairdryer and went to the dressing table to blow dry her hair.

Jiang Chenyu watched her with a puzzled expression. Did he misunderstand something?

When he finished his shower and stepped out, Ge Nuanuan was already lying on the bed.

"Xiao Nuan."

"Huh?" Ge Nuanuan looked at him. "What's up?"

Jiang Chenyu's Adam's apple bobbed. "Are you mad?"

"Huh? Why would I be mad?"

Jiang Chenyu shook his head. He must have overthought it.

It wasn't even nine o'clock yet, and Jiang Chenyu climbed into bed.

Outside, the sky was just turning dark blue.

Jiang Chenyu picked up a book and flipped through it idly while Ge Nuanuan lay beside him, too restless to even look at her phone.

Naturally, he noticed her discomfort.

Then he took the initiative to close the curtains, dimming the room.

"Stop playing with your phone and go to sleep," Jiang Chenyu said as he took Ge Nuanuan's phone.

Instead of lying down properly after turning off the bedside lamp, Jiang Chenyu propped himself up with his arm and pressed against his petite wife.

Feeling the weight on top of her, Ge Nuanuan struggled to breathe comfortably. She could only breathe through her nose and mouth simultaneously, but her mouth was covered. She pushed the man in front of her away with her hand, accusing him with her eyes, "You're so heavy."