Chapter 36: Snuggling in His Arms

"The old master secretly ate another red bean popsicle, two ice cream cones, and a shaved ice," the housekeeper reported.

Gu Nuannuan was astonished. A young person couldn't handle eating so much, let alone an old man in his seventies. Surely something would go wrong if he ate so much.

Jiang Chenyu clenched his fists and then relaxed them. "I see. You can go rest now," he dismissed the housekeeper.

Once they were alone, Jiang Chenyu stood up and turned to his wife, who was beside him.

With tears in her eyes, Gu Nuannuan gazed at her husband. "Honey."

"Yeah?" Jiang Chenyu's voice was pleasant, with a magnetic quality, and he waited for his wife to continue.

Gu Nuannuan tentatively wrapped her arms around Jiang Chenyu's waist and nestled into his embrace. "Thank you."

With just one word of gratitude, Gu Nuannuan expressed her understanding of his thoughtful intentions.

A faint smile appeared on Jiang Chenyu's cold and handsome face.

He raised his hand to encircle his wife's slender waist and used the other hand to stroke the back of her head. "Feeling better this time?"

Gu Nuannuan nodded in his embrace.

"Let's go to bed early tonight. Tomorrow, we'll take over at the hospital," Jiang Chenyu instructed.

Gu Nuannuan nodded again but didn't move away from her husband's embrace.

After embracing for five minutes, Jiang Chenyu couldn't help but remind her, "If we keep hugging like this, we'll sleep in the study tonight."

Blushing, Gu Nuannuan finally loosened her embrace from her husband's arms.

At the hospital, Jiang Lao also woke up.

After realizing where he was from the IV drip on the back of his hand, Jiang Lao knew he was in the hospital.

Seeing him awake, Wei Aihua and Mayor Jiang hurriedly approached to ask how he was feeling.

"My stomach still hurts a bit," Jiang Lao said.

Mayor Jiang quickly called for their son. "Xiao Su, go to the doctor's office and ask the doctor to come and check on your grandpa again."

Jiang Su ran off and returned with a doctor in a white coat.

Seeing that Jiang Lao had regained consciousness, the doctor asked him, "Mr. Jiang, how many ice creams did you eat this afternoon?"

Jiang Lao hesitated, thinking about the trash in the bedroom. "I forgot."

Wei Aihua interrupted the doctor, saying, "I remember clearly. It was three. My daughter-in-law didn't let my father eat too much, at most it was three."

The doctor interrupted Wei Aihua, looking at Jiang Lao. "Mr. Jiang, only you know how serious you felt tonight. If you really can't remember, then don't answer me. But remember, you can't eat so much cold food in the future."

Jiang Lao nodded.

Mayor Jiang had already noticed that something was wrong. After the doctor left, he asked his father, "Dad, did you sneakily eat?"

On the bed, Jiang Lao immediately closed his eyes and pretended to sleep.

Wei Aihua, who had been a daughter-in-law for so many years, understood Jiang Lao. She watched him avoid the question and firmly believed that her husband had eaten secretly.

"Dad, how could you do this? If you want to eat, you can eat tomorrow. You ate secretly today and ended up in the hospital, scaring Nuannuan, making her blame herself and worry. Her eyes are swollen from crying today... I didn't expect it was because you secretly ate."