Chapter 42: The Whirlpool of Tenderness

"Darling, you're so good at shuffling cards. Do you often do this for others?" Gu Nuanuan looked at Jiang Chenyu's skilled technique, filled with admiration.

Jiang Lao snorted proudly, "When has Jiang ever played cards outside? Who dares to let him shuffle?"

Gu Nuanuan's eyes were glued to her husband's hands.

To let his wife admire a little more, Jiang Chenyu shuffled the already shuffled cards again.

"Darling, teach me, please~ Shuffling cards like that looks so cool," Gu Nuanuan pleaded.

"Where's the coolness?" Jiang Chenyu asked.

Gu Nuanuan looked at her husband's face, "Everywhere is cool. Will you teach me?"

Jiang Chenyu beckoned to his wife, "Come sit here, I'll teach you step by step."

"Stop stop stop! Are you two here to accompany me or to date?" Jiang Lao couldn't contain his anger. He wasn't worried about the newlyweds' relationship, but now there was something else bothering him. "Aren't you here to play Landlord with me? If you want to shuffle cards, go home and do it there. Teach and learn however you want. Just don't annoy me here!"

Gu Nuanuan was reprimanded, feeling guilty, she quickly stuck out her tongue, "Dad, sorry, we were wrong."

"Humph!" Jiang Lao angrily checked his blood pressure again.

Jiang Chenyu placed the cards on the bed, "Dad, it's your turn to deal."

Jiang Lao took a look and realized the game was about to start. Since that was the case, he decided not to be angry and just play.

Half an hour later, Gu Nuanuan had three pieces of paper on her face, Jiang Lao had two, and Jiang Chenyu's face remained unblemished.

He held the cards calmly, with an air of ease, as if he had everything under control.

With this attitude, he had never lost a single game.

Jiang Lao grumbled angrily, "I didn't notice the extra king in my hand just now, otherwise you wouldn't have been able to get away."

Gu Nuanuan said, "I should have played the pair of kings earlier to block my husband's path. He wouldn't have been able to get away without a strong hand."

The two losers were still discussing the game, both regretting their decisions.

Only Jiang Chenyu, ignoring the past, was planning the next move in his mind, figuring out how to take control of the game once again.

Gu Nuanuan's card-playing skills were lacking, and Jiang Lao, who once considered himself a king, had his good hand dismantled by his son.

Even with a pair of kings in hand, Gu Nuanuan still lost.

One more game, one more loss.

"Honey!" Gu Nuanuan's beautiful eyes flared up.

Jiang Chenyu, seeing his little wife angry, smirked.

He picked up a piece of tissue paper soaked in water from the side and walked over to his wife, pressing it against her face.

"Do you realize your mistake?" Jiang Chenyu asked.

He deliberately won the game, making his wife regret not playing with him.

Gu Nuanuan blinked, "Mistake?"

Where did she go wrong?

After careful thought...

Gu Nuanuan suddenly remembered what she had said earlier!