Chapter 45: Mr. Jiang's Catfight

The man pulled her back from her daydream, wrapping his arms around her. He reached for a nearby pillow, tossing it to the foot of the bed, and turned his arm into a makeshift pillow for the girl. "Time to sleep."

"Okay," Gu Nuannuan replied, now with the most expensive "pillow" around—his arm.

But what wasn't comfortable was being held in his arms again. Gu Nuannuan glanced up at her husband, who had already closed his eyes to rest. She pursed her lips, wanting to say something, but then thought better of it and kept quiet.

Despite sleeping a lot in the morning, she wasn't tired at all right now. Jiang Chenyu's breathing had evened out, indicating he had fallen asleep.

After a while, a soft voice called out, "Hubby, are you asleep?"

"You go ahead."

Gu Nuannuan apologized in his arms, "I'm sorry, hubby, I did something wrong."

The man, pretending to be asleep, suddenly opened his eyes and turned to look at the girl in his arms, his eyes showing concern as he asked, "What's wrong?"

"Actually, actually, I, I didn't take the regular elevator when I came up at noon, I secretly took your... special elevator." Her voice grew softer as she spoke, almost disappearing by the end.

The rest room fell into a brief silence. Gu Nuannuan tensed, waiting for her husband's criticism.

But unexpectedly, the man spoke up. Instead of scolding her, he asked, "Why tell me the truth?"

Gu Nuannuan clutched her heart, saying, "Because lying to you makes me feel bad."

With those words, she felt her husband's laughter above her.

He didn't blame his little wife, but was even more attracted to her.

"Good girl, it's okay."

In the dimly lit room, Jiang Chenyu's hand reached up to touch his wife's cheek, and he lowered his head to kiss her hair. "It's really okay."

Gu Nuannuan asked tentatively, "Are you angry?"

"Not angry."

She looked up, even though she couldn't see her husband's features clearly, she still gazed at him. "I lied to you."

"I know."

Gu Nuannuan didn't know what else to say. She lowered her head and slowly moved her body under the blanket into her husband's arms.

Jiang Chenyu also turned sideways, holding the little wife in his arms, a smile playing on his lips as he accompanied his "kitten" to sleep.

After some time, Gu Nuannuan woke up feeling confused. The curtains were drawn, and she had no idea what time it was. Checking her phone, she found it was three in the afternoon, which relieved her.

"If I had slept until eight or nine at night, I would have been embarrassed."

She got out of bed, put on her shoes, and helped tidy up the rest room for her husband.

Before leaving, she adjusted the air conditioner temperature back to what it was before and opened the curtains.

As she left, she encountered her husband in a rage.

"Is this the data you give me to fool around? If you're not capable, you better step down now."

Gu Nuannuan stood aside, watching her husband's anger seemingly still intense.

In front of Jiang Chenyu stood a middle-aged man, who looked honest and simple. At the moment, he bowed his head like a wooden puppet, afraid to move or speak.