Chapter 26: Waiting for Him to Come Home at Night

Ge Nuan Nuan thought she found a good excuse. "Because we often go out to play together, and then he got to know my parents."

The man asked further, "What do you two usually do together?"

Ge Nuan Nuan told him about the things she and Jiang Su often did, "Watching movies, drinking bubble tea, shopping, exploring food, and even traveling together..."

"You two even travel together?!" Jiang Chenyu couldn't remain calm. "Where do you stay?"

"Stay together, uh, no, separately!" Ge Nuan Nuan suddenly realized she was talking about her activities with Xiao Mo. She then realized she was talking about Jiang Su and quickly corrected herself.

Jiang Chenyu's steps were oppressive as he walked up to his wife. "Xiao Nuan, what's the real relationship between you two?"

They had done everything that couples do! How dare she say they were just friends?

Jiang Chenyu's jaw tightened, and his gaze pierced his wife, who was avoiding his eyes.

Whenever Ge Nuan Nuan lied, she dared not look into the other person's eyes. Avoiding her husband's gaze, she said, "It's really just a normal friendship."

Jiang Chenyu couldn't get anything out of his wife. He shifted his focus to his nephew.

"Five minutes to pack, I'll be waiting for you downstairs."

Jiang Chenyu gave his wife an order with a harsh tone, dripping with sarcasm.

After he left, Ge Nuan Nuan's heart finally calmed down. "That scared me."

She could already imagine how much more difficult her life in the Jiang family would be if they found out she had oppressed Jiang Su for ten years.

She couldn't say it, absolutely couldn't.

Five minutes later, she appeared in the car as scheduled.

She glanced at her husband's side profile and noticed that his face had been black all along.

Ge Nuan Nuan dared not speak either, and the journey home was quiet.

After they arrived home, Jiang Chenyu went inside. He ordered his nephew, who was lying comfortably on the sofa, "Go to my study."

Jiang Su asked, "Uncle, what did I do this time?"

Jiang Chenyu didn't say a word, just gave Jiang Su a fierce glare, indicating that he was waiting for him in the study.

A moment later, Jiang Su went up.

He closed the door and stood in front of Jiang Chenyu obediently, waiting for his criticism.

Jiang Chenyu asked him, "What was your relationship with Ge Nuan Nuan back then?"

Jiang Su hesitated inwardly: Saying I'm her little brother would be too embarrassing; I mustn't let my uncle know.

"Just classmates, just friends," Jiang Su answered.

Good, he was using the same old excuses again.

Jiang Chenyu narrowed his eyes. He asked, "Did you two... have a relationship?"

"What relationship?" Jiang Su was shocked.

Did he and Ge Nuan Nuan have a relationship?!

Damn, he liked being a tyrant. Even though he had saved Ge Nuan Nuan this time, it didn't mean it was love; it could also be brotherly love.

"Who else would tell me about this besides her?" Jiang Chenyu interrupted.

Jiang Su thought to himself: Ge Nuan Nuan, you're something else. Rejecting my uncle and saying you admired me, even claiming we had a relationship just to reject his fierce uncle like a king.