Chapter 64: Gu Nuannuan Says I'm Pregnant

Jiangsu asked her, "Aren't you going to tidy up a bit?"

"I'm not in the mood to tidy up." She grabbed Jiangsu and hurried out.

Jiang Lao was still in the living room playing with his newly downloaded social media accounts. He scrolled through Gu Nuannuan's moments from beginning to end, then went to his grandson's moments and scrolled from end to beginning. Liking and commenting, he even started using emojis.

He seemed enveloped in a cozy little circle called "comfort," where he was the only one at ease. Outside this circle, his grandson and daughter-in-law were getting anxious.

Jiangsu rushed to Jiang Chenyu's company, only to find him absent the whole day.

The person on duty at the company said to her, "Madam, the president hasn't shown up all day."

"Where does Jiang Chenyu like to go?"

The person on duty didn't dare to inquire about the whereabouts of their superior, fearing it might seem like impure intentions. "You'll have to ask Secretary Luo and Assistant He about that."

"Give me the phone, I'll ask now."

Gu Nuannuan took the phone, took three deep breaths, and after hesitating for three seconds, she dialed Secretary Luo's number.

The call was answered.

Gu Nuannuan regained her composure and asked, "Secretary Luo, hello, I'm Gu Nuannuan, Jiang Chenyu's wife."

"Madam?"

Gu Nuannuan nodded and said cleverly, "Secretary Luo, I need a favor from you. I want to give my husband a surprise. Can you tell me where he usually goes? Please don't let my husband know about this."

Secretary Luo asked with caution, "Madam, why do you want to surprise the president? It's not his birthday or any special occasion. Suddenly preparing a surprise seems a bit abrupt. Besides, didn't he just send flowers yesterday?"

"Isn't a thirty-million-dollar bracelet worth preparing a surprise for?" Gu Nuannuan retorted.

"That was a gift from the president as an apology to you."

"Secretary Luo, you seem to know a lot. It seems like you not only often advise my husband, but you also know him very well. You even know whether he wants a surprise or not!" Gu Nuannuan's words revealed her suppressed anger.

Sensing Gu Nuannuan's displeasure, Secretary Luo hesitated for a moment and then told her about two places.

"What about the rest?"

"I only know about these two." Secretary Luo still held back some information.

Gu Nuannuan narrowed her eyes, saying, "Secretary Luo, I understand my husband quite well. The teahouse is where he entertains important guests, so he wouldn't go there often. As for the Yudu Mansion, it's a place for socializing. Are you suggesting I prepare a surprise for him at a hotel?"

Moreover, after so many years by her husband's side, how could she possibly only know about these two places?

Secretary Luo asked again, "Madam, if you want detailed locations, please tell me first why you want to prepare a surprise for the president. Otherwise, I won't reveal everything. As the president's secretary-general, I need to keep everything about the president confidential."

"I'm pregnant. I want to give him a surprise. Is that reason enough?"

Jiangsu on the other side was so surprised his mouth could fit an entire egg. He stared dumbfoundedly at his friend, who announced her "pregnancy" so calmly? Even the secretary on duty opposite them was astonished, looking at Gu Nuannuan's flat stomach and slender waist, she actually had a child?