Chapter 5: Gu Nuannuan, You're Asking for It

Before they could figure out what the Gu family was up to, Gu Nuannuan called.

At first, Jiang Chenyu didn't know that the number belonged to Gu Nuannuan. It was only after the call was connected and he heard the cheerful "Uncle" that his temples began to throb. "Gu Nuannuan!"

"Hey, Uncle, your dad wants you to come home. He has something to tell you," she said.

Since the cat was already out of the bag, it would be hypocritical to take it back now. Besides, Jiang Chenyu had a sharp tongue, and when dealing with someone who had one too, he had to be equally sharp. So, she affectionately called Jiang Chenyu "Uncle."

From the tone of the other person, it seemed that she didn't like this nickname very much.

Jiang Chenyu clenched his phone, suppressing his anger. "Gu Nuannuan, say that again."

Then, through her voice, Gu Nuannuan could express her joy. She kept calling out, "Uncle, Uncle, Uncle. I've said it three times, what are you going to do? If you have the guts, come back."

Jiang Chenyu's Adam's apple rolled as he squinted. Well, this woman was indeed scheming. She wanted to provoke him and then make him come home.

But he wouldn't go back.

Jiang Chenyu forced himself to remain calm. He put down his phone and hung up directly.

Not long after, Gu Nuannuan called again. "Uncle, are you angry? What are you angry about? I didn't get mad when you said my legs were short, but you get mad when I call you Uncle? Men are so petty. I call you Uncle, and you don't lose anything, after all, at your age, you should be like my dad when you go out. Do you want me to call you Big Nephew? Well then, I'll reluctantly call you Big Nephew... Hey, hey, Jiang Chenyu, hey?"

The phone was hung up again.

Gu Nuannuan moved her phone away from her ear, looking at the black screen with disdain. She muttered to herself, "Seriously, this is the king of the business world? He's so petty. What's wrong with calling him Uncle? Doesn't he know he's getting older? I'll continue calling, I'll make you mad."

Gu Nuannuan's relentless calls rang again, but Jiang Chenyu hung up directly.

Gu Nuannuan called again, but this time there was no answer.

"Damn, he blocked me," she muttered.

She returned to the old mansion of the Jiang family and picked up the landline, dialing Jiang Chenyu's number on her mobile phone.

At this moment, Jiang Chenyu had just arrived at the meeting room.

Seeing the phone at home, he picked it up and pasted it to his ear. On the other end was the familiar voice that made him want to punch someone. "Hey, Big Nephew, your dad wants you to come back for a talk. If you don't come back... Beep, beep, beep."

After a while, another call came back.

"Gu Nuannuan, are you looking for trouble?"

"Jiang Chenyu, how can you talk to your wife like that?!" Jiang Lao shouted angrily. He had just come downstairs and saw his new daughter-in-law sitting alone in the living room making a phone call.

He approached her and learned that Gu Nuannuan was calling Jiang Chenyu because of him. She said, "Dad, I heard you have something to talk to Chenyu about, but he left, so I wanted to make him come back."

Listen, what a good daughter-in-law.

Jiang Lao touched Gu Nuannuan's sincere face and her innocent eyes, and he found himself liking her a little more. Moreover, the child did this for him, as he did have something to say to Jiang Chenyu.