Chapter 61: Crying

Jiang Chenyu fastened his seatbelt for the second time.

The car circled the front yard three times before heading towards the fountain. Gu Nuan Nuan reversed the car to change direction.

Jiang Chenyu shouted, "Stop the car."

The car screeched to a halt again, causing him to lurch forward once more, saved only by his seatbelt.

He pointed out the correct route to take when navigating the circular road to Gu Nuan Nuan, who continued driving.

"Stop the car."

The seatbelt saved Jiang Chenyu for the second time.

"Little Nuan, don't drive in the middle of the road, stay to one side," Jiang Chenyu instructed.

Ten minutes later.

Jiang Chenyu called out, "Stop the car."

The seatbelt saved him for the third time.

With each collision, his chest became increasingly sore.

Jiang Chenyu coughed twice and looked at his wife beside him. "How did you feel driving just now?"

"The road isn't smooth," Gu Nuan Nuan pouted in a childish tone.

Whenever he heard her voice, Jiang Chenyu immediately lost his temper. He gently coaxed her, "Sweetheart, you were driving on the flowers just now."

If there had been a fence beside them, she would have crashed into it.

If there had been a cliff next to the fence, she would have flipped the car by now.

Thankfully, they were in their own garden.

The scenery in the Jiang family's courtyard was unparalleled, with flowers of various colors and trees for all seasons.

Early in the morning, the flower workers delivered fresh flowers to the Jiang family for planting.

However, the flowers had only been in the soil for a short while when Gu Nuan Nuan accidentally ran over them with the car.

Upon hearing this, Gu Nuan Nuan immediately felt sorry for the flowers. She unbuckled her seatbelt and was about to get out of the car to check on them.

But she accidentally released the brake and didn't shift gears before getting out.

The car started moving again.

Facing such a forgetful subordinate, Jiang Chenyu could scold them severely. But facing his wife, who never seemed to learn, he couldn't scold her. If he did, she would cry. If he hit her, she would feel pain. Jiang Chenyu was at a loss.

As the car door opened, Gu Nuan Nuan suddenly remembered something. She looked at the slowly moving car and shouted, "Ah! I forgot to shift gears again."

Jiang Chenyu had a moment of relief, knowing that his wife still had a chance.

Gu Nuan Nuan pressed the brake pedal again, shifted gears, and then gently released the brake, making sure the car wouldn't roll forward before getting out.

Jiang Chenyu watched his wife, who was about to abandon the car to look at the flowers, feeling helpless, shaking his head.

He turned off the engine and got out of the car.

He saw Gu Nuan Nuan squatting on the ground, looking at the precious flowers that had been flattened by her car. The vibrant flowers had been flattened by the car's tires, looking miserable and pitiful.

Gu Nuan Nuan clasped her hands together, closed her eyes, and murmured as if chanting, "Forgive me, forgive me. I'll try my best to save you. If I can't, then rest in peace. I'll give you a decent burial."