Chapter 4: Victory in the First Round

Jiang Chenyu was so angry that his nostrils flared with hot rage. "If I hear such words from Wei Aihua again, you should know the consequences!"

Watching Mayor Jiang leave, Wei Aihua cried uncontrollably in the room! It was all because of Gu Nuannuan. If it weren't for her, her husband wouldn't be angry with her! It was her fault that her husband treated her so badly. Since that was the case, she wouldn't be polite either.

Meanwhile, an innocent person was waiting downstairs in the dining room for her husband to return.

Waiting and waiting, Gu Nuannuan didn't see Jiang Chenyu return home, but she was surprised by someone else's arrival.

Gao Rouer had come. Gu Nuannuan looked at Jiang Lao in confusion. Who was this?

Jiang Lao's expression darkened, but he couldn't let Gao Rouer see him in a bad light, considering the relationship between the Gao and Jiang families. He had no choice but to speak up. "Why did Rouer come? Please, have a seat."

As Gao Rouer entered the room, the first person she saw was Gu Nuannuan sitting beside Jiang Lao.

In the Jiang family, there was only one unfamiliar face. Gao Rouer immediately guessed that she must be Jiang Chenyu's wife.

She forced a smile and sat on the sofa. "Uncle, I'm here to see my sister-in-law."

"Looking for Aihua? Let Nuannuan help you call her." Jiang Lao was a considerate man. Although Gao Rouer had been to the Jiang family dozens of times, he had never let her go upstairs. The activity area was always on the first floor. In Jiang Lao's mind, only Jiang family members could go upstairs. With each of his words, he indirectly stated his position.

Letting Gu Nuannuan call her was a way of telling Gao Rouer that she was part of the Jiang family.

Gu Nuannuan vaguely sensed Jiang Lao's intention. She cleverly stood up and followed Jiang Lao's train of thought. "Dad, then I'll go upstairs and call Sister Aihua."

This "dad" made Jiang Lao feel comfortable. He nodded with satisfaction. "Go ahead, child."

Jiang Lao knew that Gu Nuannuan understood his meaning.

When Gu Nuannuan went to find Wei Aihua, her eyes were still red. Gu Nuannuan didn't expose her. "Sister Aihua, Miss Gao is downstairs looking for you."

Hearing that Gao Rouer had come, Wei Aihua's eyes lit up. She looked at Gu Nuannuan with a hint of resentment in her eyes, then deliberately pretended, "It's Rouer, isn't it? She must be looking for Chenyu. Ai, forget it. Chenyu is married now, so let bygones be bygones."

This statement made Gu Nuannuan suddenly clear-headed.

So, Gao Rouer was her husband's lover. Jiang Lao deliberately let her go upstairs to call Wei Aihua to tell Gao Rouer that she was Jiang Chenyu's wife. Gu Nuannuan smiled lightly and thought of Wei Aihua's humiliation of her in the dining room earlier that morning. Gu Nuannuan wanted to get back at her. With a smile on her face and her apple cheeks slightly raised, she said to Wei Aihua, "Everyone has unforgettable experiences, but unfortunately, it's all due to lack of fate."

In the first round, Gu Nuannuan won.

Wei Aihua's face turned ugly, and she walked past Gu Nuannuan, heading downstairs. Wei Aihua deliberately asked Gao Rouer, "Rouer, are you here to see Chenyu? He wasn't home last night."

Wei Aihua knew that asking like this would surely make Mayor Jiang's face unsightly, but driven by her desire to win, she still asked, just to embarrass Gu Nuannuan.