Chapter 69: Su Xiaomo Digs Up Ancestral Graves

Su Xiaomo is a quirky girl; you can never guess what she's thinking. You can only follow her lead.

Back in the bedroom, Jiang finally got to lie down on the bed. The sound of the hairdryer filled the room as he read his book, with his little wife chatting about the day's events despite being mad at him.

"Hubby, ever since Xiaomo became the school beauty, she's had a lot of admirers. Today after school, a senior asked her out to a movie. But that guy was unlucky. He ran into Xiaomo's brother. Her brother's super protective, no one can take his sister away."

Listening to his wife's chatter, Jiang found it easier to read his book.

"Did she end up going?"

The hairdryer stopped, and she sat at the vanity, applying skincare products. Then she got up, took off her shoes at the foot of the bed, and crawled up to the head of the bed like a large, wriggling creature. Jiang Zhenyu lifted the blanket, and Gu Nuanwarm slipped in.

Lying beside her husband, she continued, "Of course not. Her brother's super strict. The guy would need to beat her brother to take her out. I bet that senior was scared out of his wits."

Under the covers, Jiang Zhenyu's leg accidentally brushed against her cold foot. He glanced at her.

Gu Nuanwarm apologized for the accidental kick, "Sorry, hubby, I didn't mean to kick you."

Jiang Zhenyu deliberately moved his leg so that her foot could touch his.

"What's up?" Gu Nuanwarm looked at her husband, puzzled.

Jiang Zhenyu frowned, "Why are your feet so cold?"

Gu Nuanwarm: "..."

So, her husband was warming her feet with his legs?

Jiang Zhenyu put his book down and used both hands to warm her feet. Her hands were warm, but her feet were cold. He'd heard that cold extremities needed medical attention. Since her feet were cold right after a bath, he quickly checked her hands. If they were cold too, he'd take her to the doctor in the morning.

After a while, her feet warmed up, and Jiang Zhenyu went back to his spot, picked up his book, and continued reading. Gu Nuanwarm curiously leaned over, "Hubby, you read every day. What are you reading?"

"Journey to the West."

Gu Nuanwarm: "... Where's the Monkey King then?"

Jiang Zhenyu: "In the book."

Gu Nuanwarm crawled over, not seeing any sign of the Monkey King. "Translate it for me if you can."

Jiang Zhenyu: "I need some benefits to translate for you."

He eyed her lips, "Didn't I miss out on today's benefits?"

"You did. You kissed me in the car. I remember clearly. I didn't let you kiss me."

Gu Nuanwarm spoke excitedly, almost pulling the memory out of her head and shoving it into his, reminding him of what happened earlier. In the end, she was kissed.

Gu Nuanwarm gave up resisting. The story wasn't told, and he took all the advantages. She cursed her husband a few times. That night, with his soft wife beside him, Jiang Zhenyu didn't step into his study.

After Gu Nuanwarm fell asleep, he kissed her softly on the lips, then on her neck. He intended to stop there but ended up leaving a hickey. Looking at the mark on her fair neck, he thought: Great, there'll be trouble tomorrow.

Sure enough, the next morning, Gu Nuanwarm saw the mark while washing up. At first, she thought it was a bug bite. But then she noticed her husband's uneasy expression. She understood and threw a pillow at him, "You pervert!"