Chapter 41: An Afternoon Dream

Back in the ward, Jiang Chenyu saw his little wife chatting happily with his father.

With her around, Jiang Lao didn't feel lonely at all. She always managed to find interesting topics to talk about.

"Are you serious about taking Dad?" The two didn't know what agreement they had reached, and Jiang Lao's eyes were filled with anticipation as he once again confirmed with Gu Nuanuan.

Gu Nuanuan nodded, "Of course, I and Jiangsu will take you together. It's a place we often go to."

Jiang Lao nodded happily, repeatedly saying "okay".

"Oh, honey, you're here. What did the doctor say? Which test should we do first?" Gu Nuanuan asked when she saw her husband at the door.

Jiang Chenyu held up the medical report and said, "Let's take it one step at a time."

As they walked, Gu Nuanuan helped Jiang Lao get out of bed, and she and her husband accompanied Jiang Lao to the examination room side by side.

Unfortunately, it was noon again, and Jiang Chenyu's phone suddenly started ringing more frequently.

On the way to another building, Jiang Chenyu answered four calls, all from the company with instructions for the next steps.

"Let's put this matter aside and deal with it when I get back," Jiang Chenyu calmly ordered.

After hanging up the phone, Gu Nuanuan said, "Honey, if you're busy, just go to the company first. I can take care of Dad at the hospital."

"It's okay." Jiang Chenyu couldn't let anyone else take care of his father in the hospital, no matter what.

Gu Nuanuan said considerately, "Don't worry about Dad. He didn't blush or wheeze when he argued with me just now. It doesn't seem like a big deal."

Jiang Lao felt that his daughter-in-law's words were not pleasant, but indeed, there was nothing serious going on. "You go, Chenyu. Nuanuan is here to chat with me. Come and pick her up in the evening."

Gu Nuanuan also nodded.

Jiang Chenyu didn't listen to their words. He put down his phone and helped his father to do the examination.

While Jiang Lao was undergoing the scan indoors, Gu Nuanuan and Jiang Chenyu sat outside on the chairs.

The piercing afternoon sunlight shone through the windows into the corridor.

The chairs were fading under the sunlight. Gu Nuanuan sat there, tilting her head back, closing her eyes, feeling the warmth of the sun on her body.

She was a little tired.

The setting sun shone on the man's shoulders, and Jiang Chenyu turned his head to see his little wife's drowsiness. He gently asked, "Feeling tired?"

Gu Nuanuan blinked sleepily and yawned at an inappropriate time. "A little bit."

Jiang Chenyu stretched out his long arm and hugged his wife's shoulders, letting her lie in his arms. "Lie down and sleep for a while in my arms. Dad's examination will take about half an hour."

Gu Nuanuan leaned closer to her husband, resting her head in his arms, and closed her eyes to rest.

Jiang Chenyu's phone stopped ringing, but his WeChat kept receiving messages frequently.

With one arm around his beloved wife, he continued to work with his other hand.

After half an hour of waiting, the sunlight slanted to the west, shining on the backs of the two. From afar, their silhouettes seemed to be surrounded by a warm halo.