Chapter 37: Big Sister-in-law's Sincerity

Turning her head, Gu Nuan Nuan saw the man's large palm resting on her shoulder. Instead of rejecting it, she asked her husband, "Hey, do you know you have a habit when holding hands?"

"Hmm?" Jiang Chenyu looked at her curiously.

Gu Nuan Nuan grabbed the large hand on her right arm with her left hand, intertwining their fingers. Then, suddenly pulling away, she noticed Jiang Chenyu's hand instinctively tightening before letting go. "Every time we hold hands, you unconsciously tighten your grip before letting go. Why?"

Jiang Chenyu spread out his hand, reminiscing about a long time ago when he lost someone because his grip wasn't tight enough. "Oh, I just noticed this habit recently. Anything else?"

Under the cover of night, Gu Nuan Nuan bravely asked her husband, "Hey, why do you have this habit?"

Jiang Chenyu placed both hands on his wife's shoulders, gently guiding her to lie down and embracing her. He let her be like a little cat, nestled in his arms. "I just discovered this habit myself. Keep going, anything else?"

"Well," Gu Nuan Nuan continued, but Jiang Chenyu's phone interrupted.

They both glanced at the bedside table.

"Your phone's ringing," Gu Nuan Nuan said.

Jiang Chenyu's phone had the most old-fashioned ringtone, while Gu Nuan Nuan's rang with frequently changing catchy songs. Hearing the dull ringtone, they both knew it was Jiang Chenyu's phone.

Jiang Chenyu reached out and picked up his phone to check the caller. "Big Sister-in-law's calling."

He answered, placing the phone to his ear. "Hey, big sister-in-law."

Wei Aihua tentatively asked, "Chenyu, how are things between you and Nuan Nuan?"

Jiang Chenyu glanced at the little cat listening in beside him with a hint of a smile, intentionally bringing the phone closer to his mouth so Gu Nuan Nuan couldn't hear clearly.

As expected, in her attempt to eavesdrop, the little cat unknowingly climbed onto his chest, pressing her ears against his mouth to listen.

Jiang Chenyu chuckled softly, wrapping his arm around his wife's back and gently patting her.

"We're about to go to bed. Anything wrong, big sister-in-law?"

Wei Aihua worriedly advised, "Chenyu, it's not easy to marry a wife. Nuan Nuan is just younger and still has some childishness. Communicate with her slowly and don't be too harsh. She's your wife after all."

Jiang Chenyu responded with a casual "uh-huh."

Wei Aihua continued, "Big sister-in-law sincerely wants you two to have a good life together. Even though we don't live together often, I still want you to be happy. You might discipline Jiang Su however you like, but Nuan Nuan is your wife. If you hurt her, she'll leave. And if she leaves, you won't have a wife. Nuan Nuan is also the darling of her parents at home. If you lay a hand on her, the Gu family won't let it slide."

Gu Nuan Nuan burst into laughter. So in the eyes of Jiang Chenyu's family, he's a wife-beater, huh?

"Okay, big sister-in-law, I got it. Tomorrow, we'll go visit your brother together."

After hanging up, Gu Nuan Nuan lay on her husband's chest, ignoring him.

Her husband flipped her over, embracing her again. This time, he didn't tease the little girl, but gently patted her back and softly said, "Time to sleep."

Gu Nuan Nuan closed her eyes, preparing to sleep obediently.

The next day, she brought the prepared meals to the hospital to visit her father-in-law.