Chapter 18 Hubby Steps In

How the hell can someone sing this song if they don't know? Lies crumble on their own.

"You lying to me?" the guy shot back.

Gu Nuannuan stuck her tongue out, awkwardly blinked her eyes, and quickly retracted her little fist from the guy's shoulder. "Uh, been eating for so long, thirsty huh? Lemme get you some water, don't choke on your food."

He hadn't even finished his meal for three minutes, Jiang Chenyu looked at her escaping figure, shaking his head helplessly, chuckling.

In the living room, Gu Nuannuan froze when she saw Wei Aihua.

Wei Aihua was equally taken aback when she saw her.

Both of them tacitly dreaded a showdown with each other.

Yet, ironically, they both had the same destination in mind.

Next to the water dispenser, both of them silently got their own water.

The air was so still that you could only hear the sound of water flowing from the dispenser.

"When are you moving out tomorrow?" Wei Aihua looked at the water outlet, her voice sounding hoarse, devoid of the domineering demeanor she had during the day. Perhaps it was late at night, she was tired, and her whole demeanor appeared much softer.

Gu Nuannuan: "Depends on when Jiang Chenyu sobers up."

Wei Aihua capped her bottle after getting water, then turned to Gu Nuannuan. "Once you leave, whatever belongs to the Jiang family will not be shortchanged for Chenyu. But there's only one mistress in this house, and that's me. If you want to contend with me, you're still too green. We can coexist peacefully, even if we can't stand each other, we can at least maintain surface harmony. But if you dare to be greedy and try to take over the Jiang Group, I won't let it go."

"... What are you talking about?" Gu Nuannuan was puzzled.

"What mistress, what equal share, and taking over the Jiang Group? That's all you Jiang family business, nothing to do with me. I never thought about contending with you for anything. Don't let your paranoia deceive you." Gu Nuannuan held Jiang Chenyu's water cup and looked Wei Aihua straight in the eyes, her tone sincere. "And please tell me, how did Miss Gao Ru'er tell you about these things?"

Wei Aihua looked at her seriously, saying that a person's eyes couldn't lie. She could see Gu Nuannuan's sincerity in her eyes.

Wei Aihua suddenly remembered that night in the hotel when her husband told her she was being fooled by Gao Ru'er, but she didn't believe it.

Gu Nuannuan also said she was being incited by someone.

"That day, when you came back...," Wei Aihua asked Gu Nuannuan, "What did you say to Ru'er that made her cry?"

"That day I went to find her." Jiang Chenyu came out from behind.

He hadn't even finished his meal before he noticed the two of them talking in the living room.

Jiang Chenyu hurried downstairs as soon as he heard.

He quickly caught on to their conversation as he got closer.

When Wei Aihua questioned Gu Nuannuan, he stepped out of the shadows and said to Wei Aihua, "Big Sister, Nuannuan and Miss Gao only met three times. I was present for all three. She never had any disputes with Miss Gao. That day, when I returned home, I was actually talking to Miss Gao."

Wei Aihua looked up at the tall Jiang Chenyu, "How could it be you?"

"Yes, it was me. You must know about Nuannuan's feelings for me, but I'm already married to Nuannuan. That day, what I said to Miss Gao was to advise her not to waste her time on someone who didn't reciprocate her feelings."