Eighty Nine

꧁༺ 𝓚𝓪𝔂𝓭𝓮𝓷 ༻꧂

"Well well Alpha Kayden I admit I am impressed, never afriad to get your paws dirty" Darius said. I growled stepping closer to Milah. "Yes protect your mate she is the reason we are all suffering! I am not surprised you killed the vampires but trust me when I say this you will die soon enough Alpha king!" Darius said,

I shifted still standing in front of Milah, "Say that to my face coward, I mean what did you think vampires were going to do?" I asked, "prove to the other packs you are savage beast that needs to be stopped" he said. "Right and sending vampires and rogues after my pack is not?" I said.

"Oh they did it all willingly, don't think I am the only pack that hates you Kayden" he said. "I am sure other are working with you, because I know for a fact you are not smart enough to pull this off. Let me guess, Arwen or maybe even Roan is helping you?" I said

"I will not reveal that to you, just watch your back Kayden because you won't like what is coming next" he said. I wanted to rip him apart, but I felt the pull of my pack pulling me back, in fact both Milah and Mack grabbed my shirt with their teeth.

Alpha we will get him but we need a plan first, and the others on board

I nodded and shifted back, I was so pissed off I took off in a run, I knew my pack would follow. I knew Blaze's pack was with us too and he saw and heard the whole thing. I did kill a lot tonight and some of them wolves, and a lot of them young but did I really have a choice.

Kayden

Milah was trying to push through but I was not in control Kato was and he was angry

Kato, please

I can't Milah not now

Do you need Aspen?

No I need to be alone

Okay but know that your pack is with you always

Milah left and headed back home and my pack followed her I heard her telling them I needed time. I mean I was supposed to be king here and I was being disrespected by other Alphas. I just hated this. I didn't want to be king in the first place I wanted Onyx dead yes but not this.

All of this was just to much and I knew Kato was feeling it too, I felt the weight of the world on my shoulders, and I had enough. I knew what I needed to do even if it meant killing more wolves, I wasn't going to stand down.  I was the damn king and it was time that I enforced a few new rules.

If they wanted a challenge then so be it and I would take down anyone who came at me, I wasn't going to let anyone determine how I run the packs.

I didn't care how the other Alphas ran their packs that was on them, I did however expect rules to be followed.  Some of those rules were not being followed and other Alpha's were now coming at me it was time for me to go to war and I would die trying to rid the world of those who put my family in danger.

I made it back to my pack and Blaze was still here I wasn't surprised he was talking to Mack, I shifted back and walked up to them

"Oh Alpha Kayden I had no idea, I never expected this" Blaze said, "Alpha Blaze are you with me or against me?" I asked, "with you Alpha why what are you going to do?" Blaze asked, "whatever it takes, they want me to bring back the challenge then so be it" I said.

"Alpha you can't, if you die" Mack said, "Mack I am not going to die, but I am going to destroy anyone who tries to come at me" I said. "Kayden come one" Blaze said, "no I am done, if they can't accept me being their king then they can all go to hell. I will make the announcement tomorrow. If they want a war I will give that to them" I said.

Mack and Blaze exchanged a look as I walked away, I went to home to my family I need to be around them right now.

I knew that I left Mack and Blaze with a lot of questions but I made up my mind there was nothing they could say or do to stop me.

˜"*°•.˜"*°• Mack •°*"˜.•°*"˜

I looked to Blaze as Kayden walked away, "Is he being serious?" Blaze asked, "yes I think he is, Kayden hates being challenged or questioned as a leader. If he thinks anyone is a threat to him or his family he will do something about it" I said

"I will warn the others, he has a lot more people on his side thank he thinks" Blaze said, "good I will try and talk him out of it" I said, "good luck" Blaze said as he left. I sighed this was not something I needed on my agenda.

With Lexa expecting and Remy running around as if he runs the place I was in over my head. I went to the one person I knew would help me.

"Mack to what do I owe the pleasure" Aurora said, "your brother is off the rails" I said, "how?"  she said with concern. 

"Well everything we just did was a trap set up by Darius, he thinks Kayden is a terrible king" I said, "fuck him honestly Kayden is the best thing that ever happened to him" she said. "I know but he said he was done and he was reinforcing the challenge, for anyone who wanted to fight him" I said.

"Is he nuts! he is going to not only get killed himself but kill Milah as well" Aurora said. "That is what I am saying like I don't know what to do" I said, "I got this here watch Eva" she said handing me her daughter. I mean where the hell was Maddox, I knew this was going to get ugly and I kinda wanted to watch.  Instead I was stuck watching a baby, a few seconds later Maddox walked in, "oh good here "I said giving him his kid and leaving. 

I found Aurora at Kayden's house she was knocking on the door, I managed to get close enough to hear.

"ARE YOU OUT OF YOUR DAMN MIND!"  she yelled at him, "Aurora this not a good time" he said, "Now is the perfect time, are you fucking crazy! Do I need to knock some sense into your brain" she said. "Aurora what are you going on about?" Kayden said, "you bringing back the challenge to prove your idiocy" she said. "That is not any of your business and I will kill Mack for even saying it" he said, I gulped.

"This is not about Mack! this about you, and what happens if you die!" she said, "I am not going to die Aurora" he said. "Oh right because your damn ego is so strong, you don't know that! Kato is not invincible. I mean come on think about your kids and Milah, they will not only lose you but her too" she said. "Auora this is not up for discussion" he said shutting the door in her face.

Woah harsh, "I won't let you do this Kayden!" she screamed at the door and stormed off.  I mean I really thought that would work.  I didn't know what other options I had, I would need to go behind my Alpha's back and get his pack on my side. 

I was not about to lose our Alpha because he needed to prove he was the best, this was a suicide mission and he knew that. I mean what was he trying to prove, I know he was pissed but would he really bring back the challenge.

He hated it when Onyx did it hell he even challenged him earlier than he was supposed too, and he won by pure luck. Given that Onyx cheated but still I mean the chances of this going in his favor was slim. I knew Roan and Darius were both bad ass, and hell they would put up a good fight. 

I also didn't really want to lose more wolves, I mean we already lost Evergreen and Night Shade, and Midnight pack was already here. I knew they were still in denial and didn't really trust Kayden fully. Hell right now I was even questioning him.

Maddox came up to me, "your going to need to tell me what is going on" he said I had assumed Aurora came home pissed off. "Kayden is bringing back the challenge he is determined to take down everyone that stands in his way" I said.

"He hated the challenge, he is going to get himself or someone else killed" Maddox said, "Exactly so we need to do something to change his mind" I said, "I don't know man the Alpha is strong headed and when his mind is made up" Maddox said, "I know at this point it is a lost cause but we need to try" I said and he nodded going to tell people.

I for one wasn't going to let Lexa anywhere near this no matter how badly she wanted to protect her best friend. I had my work cut out for me as my Alpha was on a war path!