Sixty-eight

꧁༺ 𝓚𝓪𝔂𝓭𝓮𝓷 ༻꧂

I had arranged for Charlie to come in the morning to stay with the twins, Milah was going to need to come with me. I needed to talk to the other Alphas and deal with everything going on in my pack. I knew it wasn't going to be an easy conversation but my mate was my buffer and she would keep everyone calm or at least me. Charlie arrived and Milah and I said goodbye to the twins and left. Milah was excited to be a part of this but I was more annoyed than anything. "Kayden are you okay?" Milah asked me as we reached my office, "no this pisses me off like it is our business and I hate how the other packs are telling me how to handle it. I am not doing anything that will hurt Lyla" I said. "I know neither am I" she said at least we were on the same page. 

I sat in my chair and Milah tried to pull one next to me but I pulled her into my lap if I was going to do this I needed her close. "Kayden" she said, "no if you want me to not be a jackass then I need you to sit in my lap and keep Kato calm" I said, "hmm okay Aspen says she will be happy to keep him calm" she said and I kissed her. I needed to feel her before I called, before I could do that Mack burst into my office. "Oh sorry" he said, "what is it Mack?" I said annoyed, "Alpha before you call the packs you need to see this" he said handing me a piece of paper. "When did you get this?" I said reading it, "it was emailed to me a few minutes ago" he said. "Fuck!" I said and I knew things were about to get worse.

"I don't understand what this" Milah said, "it is a summons" I said, "okay still not sure what that means" she said. "It means were being called in front of all the packs, rather than a phone call we need to appear in person" I said. "Okay but you are king" she said, "that doesn't matter this is essentially to see if I am worthy of the title, according to the packs I am slacking" I said, "that is ridiculous" Milah said. "It has nothing to do with if they think I am capable of being king this is about Lyla and the fact that they are scared" I said, "do you need us to go with you?" Mack asked, "no I need you here helping the pack, I will take Harley" I said, "only Harley?" Milah said, "yes Maddox is going to be a father any day now and I will not take him away from Aurora" I said. 

"Right I forgot, what about Charlie?" Milah said, "Charlie is the only thing that is keeping Lyla happy I would rather not take him from her" I said. "Oh um you didn't read line 4" Mack said, and I looked at it. "No absolutely not" I said, "I am not sure it is up for negotiation" Mack said, "what?" Milah said and I was on the verge of shifting but Milah was still on my lap. "They want us to bring Lyla" I said. "Kayden we can't" she said, "I agree but we don't have a choice, I will call Blaze see if he can help" I said she nodded but we were super nervous, I called Blaze and he told me there as nothing he could do. He was on our side but everyone essentially wanted to see that she was not a threat. 

"Sephora?" I said hoping she would come to me, "yes Alpha?" she said and I loved how she was so quick to appear. "Is she going to seem normal? or is she still a threat?" I said, "she will of course be a threat Alpha but I have temporarily put the vampire at bay, she is not a threat right now" Sephora said. "That doesn't exactly help me" I said, "I know just trust that I am doing what I can" she said. I trusted her she helped me many times but I just didn't know how this was going to affect her in the long run.

I had no idea if we were going to be able to stop him from reentering her mind and if we would be able to stop it. I didn't want Charlie to have to sacrifice his wolf for her but I knew he would they had a weird connection. I knew bringing him was my best bet and I knew he would keep her safe. I did a voice call with all the alphas, "hello Alpha King" they said, "where are we meeting?" I said, "we figured it would be easier to come to you, since we require to see your little one" Alpha Finn said. "Fine we can do it here" I said, "good we will be there in the morning" Alpha Darius said and it was settled.

"Kayden what exactly are they looking for?" Milah asked me, "who the hell knows this is all such a stupid thing" I said as I threw something across the room. "Now is not the time to go all macho Alpha on me okay" Milah said, "yes my little white wolf" I said and I kissed her and put my hand on her stomach. I knew this baby would be something and we still needed to tell the twins, "we going to tell Lyla and Theo about the new baby?" I asked her, "I am so worried it will set her off the edge. I find her so fragile already" Milah said, "I know me too but they need to know"  I said. "Okay then we will go tell them now" she said, when I received a link,

Kayden its time

We are coming

"It will have to wait Aurora is having her baby" I said, "oh my goodness" she said and she followed me to the hospital wing. We waited a few minutes then I was called in as I delivered my niece or nephew and it felt amazing. "Kayden get it out now!" my sister cried out and I laughed as Vivian helped me. Within a few seconds, I was holding a baby in my arms, "its girl" I said and Aurora started to cry and Maddox looked he might be sick. I handed her over to my sister and kissed Aurora on the head. "She is beautiful congrats" I said, "thank you Kayden and I love you" she said, "I love you too kiddo, your a mom now wow so hard to believe" I said and I left. 

"So?" Milah said, "its a girl" I said, "awe so cute, she is going to have Maddox wrapped around her finger" Milah said and I laughed I knew this was going to be true. We walked back to our house and as soon as we entered we were attacked with little hugs. "Hi" Theo said he was first  for once, then I noticed Lyla was having fun with Charlie. There was something about him that she was drawn to or maybe it was the other way around. I needed to talk to him and get behind it, I felt like it was something that needed to be addressed. For now we needed to talk to our kids, "Thank Charlie" I said, "no problem Alpha anytime" he said as he left getting an extra hug from Lyla. I could tell she was sad that he was leaving, "Lyla, Theo mommy and I have something to tell you" I said to them as I made sure to have their attention.

"We are going to have another baby, you are going to be a big brother and big sister" Milah said. Theo seemed excited and Lyla looked as if she was stabbed in the back, "Cool" Theo said, "no" Lyla said, "why does this upset you princess?" I said, "it will take away time from you and mommy.  I finally have more time and now its going to be taken away" she said. "Lyla honey we will never stop giving you time, we love you" Milah said, "LIAR! you love Theo more" she said, "that is not true" I said, "it is and you know it, I don't want this baby!" she screamed and she ran to her room. "Well I sort of half expected that" I said, "me too, I will go talk to her. This is my fault" Milah said and I kissed her head as she went to talk to our daughter. 

I looked over to Theo, "am I really going to be a big brother?" he asked me, "you bet little buddy" I said, "I am happy daddy, but does that mean I won't be Alpha?" he said, "it doesn't mean anything, you were born first you will be Alpha" I said, "Daddy will I be good at it?" he said, "I don't know bud but that is a long way from happening lets just take it one day at a time" I said and he smiled as he hugged me. I didn't know how it was going with Lyla but I didn't think it was going well, I could hear her crying. 

The Alpha Challengeजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें