Sixty-Four

꧁༺ 𝓚𝓪𝔂𝓭𝓮𝓷 ༻꧂

Things were looking up for the pack at least that is what I thought, not only is my sister having a baby but so is Milah. I pray to the moon it is only one this time, it will be a lot easier for the both of us. Lyla has been doing a lot better since Sephora did whatever it is she did, and I hoped it stayed like this. We needed to convince her that this vampire was the enemy and that the pack was her family. Of course that is easier said than done explaining something like that to a 3 year old was hard. 

I made it back home just before dinner, and I saw a plate of cookies and snagged one, "KAYDEN!" Milah said, "What?" I said, "I told the kids they had to wait for dinner those were brought for them" she said, "Oh" I said shoving the whole thing into my mouth and she shook her head. I couldn't tell you what happened next I felt sick immediately and puked all over the floor and then I passed out.

Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ 𝑀𝒾𝓁𝒶𝒽 Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ

"KAYDEN!" I screamed as he passed out on the floor I panicked, what the hell just happened? I linked Vivian

SOMETHING IS WRONG WITH KAYDEN

Within minutes she was there at my door, I opened it for her and she worked her magic. "Mommy is daddy okay?" Theo asked, "I don't know" I said, "Milah he was poisoned what did he eat?" Vivian asked, "a cookie from that plate it was given to us for the kids" I said. "Toss it I will need to take him to medical wing" she said. "Of course" I said trying to figure out who brought the cookies. Someone wanted to poison my kids and they poisoned the Alpha instead, this was not good. I had no answers and now I had no husband either I mean he was hurt and I had to figure this out. I needed help,  

Mack, someone poisoned Kayden I need help

Excuse me what?

Just come help me!

Mack came but he didn't come alone, Lexa came with Remy and so did Aurora, Maddox, and Harley. "What the hell Milah?" Mack said, "I don't know he ate a freaken cookie and it nearly killed him. I don't know these cookies were brought for the kids" I said, "wait so someone wanted to kill  your children?" Lexa said, "I don't know" I said, "thank the moon you didn't give it to them" Harley said, "yeah where is the Alpha now? "Mack asked, "the hospital wing with Vivian, Mack if he dies" I said, "he won't Kayden is to stubborn to die, and trust me would not ever leave you. Tell me can you feel him?" Mack asked, "yes but its weak "I said, "its still there that is something, we will figure out who did this Milah" Mack said, "I need you to run the pack for me" I said. "Of course anything you need" Mack said as he went to go figure things out.

"I am confused someone tried to poison the kids and got Kayden instead?" Aurora said, "this is also annoying I don't even know who made the cookies" I said, "well where did you get them?" Maddox asked, "I don't know they were at the door when I came home from the river" I said, "that is strange it didn't say who they were from?"  Aurora said, "no just for the twins hope they enjoy, I had to grab them before they ate them. I was going to give them one after dinner" I said. "I am glad you didn't" Maddox said, "me too but now Kayden is hurt and I am stuck here with 2 sad kids" I said. "The Alpha will be fine and we will figure out who did it promise" Maddox said as he hugged me and left, Lexa was with me Remy decided to eat dinner with the twins.

"I can't figure out why anyone would want to hurt the kids" Lexa said, "I can my daughter is literally possessed by a vampire I am sure whoever it was is scared" I said. "That is absurd she is 3 years old almost 4 this has to be some sort of joke" Lexa said, "I wish it were but now my husband is almost dead and whoever did this he is going to literally rip apart if he lives" I said, "oh you can count on that, but like I thought everyone in our pack was so nice" Lexa said. "Me too and it has to be someone in house because no one is visiting" I said. "This is just so messed up" Lexa said. "Tell me about it had the kids eaten those cookies they would have most likely died, so now we are dealing with an attempted murder" I said. "Damn we will stay here with you Remy can have a sleep over with Theo" Lexa said, "thanks" I said as I finally lost it and started to cry. I couldn't lose Kayden not now not after everything we have been through. 

˜"*°•.˜"*°• Mack •°*"˜.•°*"˜

I couldn't believe what I heard did someone seriously try to kill the Alphas kids, I mean damn. When he wakes up he is going to be pissed, and the entire pack will literally be on lockdown. I needed to do something, I needed to find who did this, and fast. I had Maddox and Harley with me, "We need to find out who did this" I said, "this doesn't make sense like why?" Harley said, "someone either doesn't want Theo to be Alpha or they are afraid of Lyla" I said, "why she is such a sweetheart" Maddox said, "she is also being possessed by a vampire and who knows when he will strike. The point here is our Alpha has been poisoned and we are going to figure out who did this" I said. "Right where do we start?" Maddox said, "with everyone new, I will talk to Charlie, Maddox you talk to Cole and Harley you talk to the new ladies that arrived since one of them is your mate" I said. "Got it but Chantelle is innocent" I said, "I am not accusing her but someone did it Harley and we need to figure it out like now" I said, "right sorry" Harley said as they both left.

I found Charlie in the library with Willow, "Charlie you bake?" I asked, "what?" he said, "do you bake?" I asked, "um no not unless you want it burnt" he said, "are you sure?" I said, "yeah why what is this about?" Charlie asked, "some poison cookies were delivered to the Alpha for his children and now he is lying in the hospital" I said, "Wait what" Charlie said, "yeah so was it you?" I said, "hell no I would never, I am trying to get back in with this pack why would I want to kill his kids. I love those kids" Charlie said, "its true he does" Willow said, "okay" I said as I walked away, "I will help" Charlie said following me and he could be of help he was intimidating. 

Everyone was a dead end or they were lying, I had no way to tell, I mean anyone could have done it and now I was frustrated as hell. "So we have nothing?" I said to the boys, "nothing" Harley said, "fuck someone is lying" I said, "yeah but how would we know?" Maddox said, "we might not ever know we need the Alpha he would get it out of anyone" I said, "yeah well he is sick" Harley said, "Aurora is on a warpath and she is pregnant I am worried for her" Maddox said, "go be with her fuck we will figure it out" I said, "she wants me here with you" he said, "damn it I have nothing and Milah is counting on us" I said. "I know that but like what the fuck do we do?" Harley said, "I honestly don't know, I am going to go check on the Alpha" I said as he headed to the hospital wing.

"What the fuck is happening" I heard Kayden he was awake, "you were poisoned" Vivian said, "what? those cookies were supposed to be for my kids" he said, Vivian looked scared but I entered. "Alpha" I said, "MACK FUCKING HELL" he said, "I don't know but we talked to everyone and someone is either lying or this is all some sort of joke" he said. "This is not a joke! I am so fucking mad! We will call a pack meeting now!" Kayden said and he linked everyone, the rath coming off him in that link was insane and I honestly feared for everyone.

I knew even Milah would not be able to bring him down from this Kato was most likely going to be brought forward and this was going to be a blood bath. I just hoped that the culprit comes foreword before the entire pack is lying dead in front of us. I mean he knows it wasn't a handful of us but as to who I am at a loss.