Eighty Five

꧁༺ 𝓚𝓪𝔂𝓭𝓮𝓷 ༻꧂

I knew that I would need to bring all the packs together at some point to figure out if these young wolves were even worthy of being Alpha's. I knew some like Darius and Arwen were getting older and wanted to pass the Alpha down. I just didn't think I would need to be invovled, but being King means I needed to give the approval.

I knew none of them would challenge me because I would pass mine onto my own kids, and Darius and Arwen didn't have them I also think that Azir was getting up there too, With Finn gone and Onyx dead that was 2 packs that needed an Alpha. Even though Finn's pack was here I needed to give them a chance to be on their own. I needed my Beta to help me figure this out

MACK

Jesus you scared me what?

I need you come to my office

A little busy

MACK!

Fine okay I am coming

A few minutes later Mack was in front of me, he smelled like Lexa, I knew I interrupted his sex session but I didn't care. "This better be important" he said, "it is, so there are a bunch of young wolves that want to see if they are Alpha material. Darius, and Arwen and Azir are all getting older and want to retire. We need to set up some sort of test to see how and if they are capable" I said.

"Wait what?" Mack said, "A challenge of some sort nothing that requires fighting anyone to do the death. I need to approve of the Alpha's before they can rule a pack, and I just don't know what to do" I said, "oh um well I am sure Harley and I can figure something out" Mack said,

"Good get it done you have 1 week" I said he nodded and left my office, I felt slightly better about it and decided to do a meeting with all the Alphas, find out exactly  how many were going to be participating

A few minutes later I had all of them in a video call, "I hear that there are some of you who want to not be Alpha anymore?" I said, "yes we are getting older and I think some young blood would be good" Darius said. "I agree with no heir to take my place I just need someone we can count on" Azir said. "Alright, how many wolves are we talking?" I asked, "I have 5 I think are worthy" Darius said, "I have 4" Azir said, "and I also have 5" Arwen said. "Anyone else?" I said, "I think the rest of us are content with remaining as Alpha's for now" Blaze said getting nods from all the others.

"I will talk to the former midnight pack and see if any of them would like to give it a try. In the meantime I will have something set up within the week. I will decide who is worthy of becoming Alpha" I said

"Right because you are all mighty and what not" Azir said, "he is king you dimwit" Blaze said, "for now" Azir said. "You just literally said you wanted to retire" Blaze said, "I know but I don't want him to be king" Azir said. "He is the best king we had and you know it" Roan said, "pfft whatever" Azir said. "You have a problem Azir come talk to me like a real man and we can settle this for now I will see you all in a week. 

Everyone hung up except for Blaze, "what is his deal?"  I said, "who knows but honestly he is asking for trouble" Blaze said. "you know Kato would never back down from a fight but I am done spilling wolf blood" I said. "I know I don't think he wants a fight he is just bitter with his old age not finding your mate does that" Blaze said. I agreed it must be hard being old and never finding your mate. There were so many other packs out there that we had nothing to do with, I am sure his mate was out there somewhere.

A lot of us are stubborn and refuse to leave our packs Azir being one of them come to think of it I never saw him at a function. Diamond Heart would be better off with a new Alpha one who actually did this for his pack rather than for himself. I did more paperwork than headed home for dinner.

"DADDY!" Lyla said running full blast towards me, "hey princess" I said, I could hear Arianna crying and I went to help Milah. "Thank god here, she is changed, fed and burped" Milah said handing her to me. I know I have been busy but what did she expect me to do, Milah went to help her mom cook, and I took Arianna outside. "Come on baby girl no more crying" I said rocking her, she was not having it. I put her in the carrier and went to the pack house, I was going to find Chantelle. 

"Hey Alpha awe is she okay?" Vivian asked me, "she is fine just doesn't like sleeping" I said, she laughed she was your typical infant. Vivian was another wolf I had that had not yet found her mate and I felt bad but I couldn't make mates just magically appear. Most of the pack was eating dinner and I walked into the dining hall with my screaming infant. All eyes were on me,

"Damn Alpha" Harley said, "sorry where is your mate?" I asked, Harley pointed to a corner were girls were talking. I walked over and Chantelle laughed, "oh man" she said taking Arianna into her arms and singing. "I didn't know she could sing" Lexa said, "me either that is beautiful" Lilliana said. She was huge ready to pop any day now, after a few minutes Arianna was asleep, and we carefully put her back into the carrier.

"Thank you" I said, "no problem Alpha she is so cute" Chantelle said, "she might be cute but she is way to loud" I said, as Mack ran up to me.

"We have and idea" Mack said, "I am all for it let's hear it" I said, "well we thought maybe a fitness test were Harley will test their strength, than each of them will challenge you, not to hurt you or anything just see if they are worthy of a good fight. Then if any of them get passed Kato we put them into a leadership challenge where they need to figure out a solution to a problem" Mack said. "Sure sounds good, I am all for showing young kids how strong Kato is" I said smirking.

"yeah yeah show off" Mack said, I laughed and took my now sleeping infant home and placed her in her bassinette. I ate dinner with the rest of my family, "how do you get her to sleep?" Kleo asked, "I take her to Chantelle" I said, "oh and who is she?" Kleo asked, "the best singer in my pack" I said, "Ah music do you think all music or just singing?" she asked, "I don't know" I said as I was linked. I mean come on I couldn't even eat dinner!

The baby is coming!

I am on my way do you want Milah too?

YES!

"come love Lilliana is in labor" I said as Kleo nodded she had the kids and she was getting them ready for bed.

"Why do we always need to be involved?" 

"I am the Alpha and you are the Luna it is essential that we welcome the new pack members, it is good luck. The Alpha and Luna bring luck to the baby and it is tradition" I said

"Right" Milah said man I really didn't know what my little white wolf did in her pack but she was so uneducated about pack things.

I knew it probably had something to do with her mother being human and now her father he was still struggling with that part. I felt bad but I was happy he did it for his daughter, we arrived at the hospital and were ushered in right away.

"Ready Luna" Vivian asked, "what am I doing?" Milah asked, "delivering the baby, ready Lilianna push" Vivian said. A few minutes later my wife delivered the baby and Lilianna and Cole had a baby boy. "Congrats its a boy!" Milah said, they were both crying, "Welcome to the world Colin Ray" Lillianna said, I smiled the name was fitting. 

"Thanks" Lillianna said as we both hugged her and let he spend time with her newborn son, "that name is cute" Milah said, "yes Colin was a good wolf he didn't deserve to die" I said still missing my gamma everyday. "I think the little guy will live up to the name" Milah said, "me too" I said kissing her, "want to go for a run?" I asked, "your own Alpha" she said taking off before I could stop her. 

Kato stirred he loved a challenge and chasing Aspen was his favorite one, and I shifted letting Kato through so he could go and find his mate. It didn't take long and it was like his puppy came out as he chased his little white wolf.