Seventy One

꧁༺ 𝓚𝓪𝔂𝓭𝓮𝓷 ༻꧂

I for one couldn't believe how fast the days were going by and tomorrow my warriors and I would be going vampire hunting. I knew this was all such a big risk but I needed to be sure that the three packs against me weren't hiding him. Evergreen, Night Shade, and Silver moon were all against me, more so Night shade and silver moon but Evergreen was on my list too, he was the only Alpha not to show up. I mean Nathaniel was still locked in my cellar and that reminded me about Britney I would need to deal with that before I go. "Milah love are you okay with being in charge while I am gone?" I said, "I will be fine I will have Lexa right?" I said, "well no um she is coming with me" I said, "Well who is here with me?" she asked, "you will have Lilliana and Aurora" I said, "so no guys?" she asked "of course their will be guys but I need my warriors with me and Lexa is good babe" I said, "I know but like can I be in charge?" she asked, "of course you can love you are a bad ass. Just because you are pregnant doesn't mean anything, the pack respect you as their Luna" I said. "Okay but Kayden I am scared" she said, "I know love we won't do anything crazy and I promise we will figure it out" I said. "I hope so please be careful" she said kissing me.

It made me want her so badly but I had things to take care of, "awe Milah I want you so bad but I need to take care of a few things first" I said and with that I stood up and left. The twins were asleep so I felt like Milah might relax at least that is what I had hoped, I went to the dungeon. I sighed as I walked in and Nathaniel didn't look good, "Alpha its been a while" he said, "yeah well I have a lot going on" I said, "I am sorry" he said, "for?" I said looking at him was he really begging me for mercy. "Everything I regret it all, I am truly sorry your majesty" he said, "well its a little late for that Nathaniel" I said, "I know but I wanted you to know" he said, I didn't have time for this as I looked at Britney, she was crying. "What about you?" I said, "I was sorry from the beginning, I don't know what I was thinking. I am so sorry please know that" she said. "I believe you but Britney, just know that if anything ever hurts my daughter I will tear them apart. That includes you. I know you are scared because I am too I won't lie about it, but she is still my daughter and I will do whatever I can to protect her understood" I said, "Yes Alpha" she said, and with that I let her out of her cell. "Thank you Alpha" she said, "don't make me regret it and you can thank Milah for it" I said as she ran out. Nathaniel stopped me, "I guess you don't forgive me" he said, "I don't no" I said, "if I told you there was a way to help your daughter would you then?" he said. "What do you know?" I asked, "I need a guarantee my freedom first" he said, "I will see if the information is useful then maybe" I said.

"I will take that, night shade is not only deadly to wolves, of you mix it with a little vervain well you would be surprised. Also Vampires like to hide out in old abandoned houses or castles, night shade has a few of those" Nathaniel said. "Where can I get this vervain?" I asked him, "you have witch friends I am sure they can help you out" Nathaniel said, and I walked away, "wait you aren't going to let me out" he said, "not today" I said, "Fuck you Kayden" he said, "yes well that is the exact reason why, you are staying put" I said and left him to rot in the dungeon. I gave Fluffy a look and he bowed his head to me. I knew he would not let Nathaniel escape, this three headed dog was awesome.

I had a little but of information to go on and I figured we would head to night shade first, it was the best place to start. I knew the wolves that did remain there were minimal and my pack would take them down if need be. We were not going there to look for trouble, I was just hoping to destroy this vampire without having to sacrifice any wolves. I mean I was bringing Charlie for that exact reason but I truly didn't want him to need to do it. I know losing Kato would suck and I felt him inside me and it made me feel safe. Charlie would be human if he lost his wolf and I saw how it affected Milah's mother, I just didn't want that for my pack.

I made it back home and Milah was asleep but I noticed Lyla was awake and sitting on the couch, "Lyla honey?" I said, "you will not with Alpha, she will be mine" she said it but it was not her. Then Lyla started to cry and I scooped her into my arms and held her, fuck this vampire was really getting on my nerves and he needed to die. "Lyla" I said, "daddy help me please help me" she said, "I will baby I promise" I said as I hugged her tighter, she cried herself to sleep. I couldn't bring myself to put her down so I just held her on the couch and fell asleep with her in my arms. I woke up the next morning with a pain in my neck. "Daddy" Lyla said, "hey princess you feeling okay?" I asked her, "yes thank you" she said as Theo and Milah came into the living room. "I was wondering what happened to you" Milah said, "I had a daughter crisis" I said, "I see well please be careful today" she said kissing me and getting the twins breakfast, "thanks and Milah the pack will help you if you need it please ask" I said. "I know and I will we will be okay" she said as I kissed her and the kids and left.

I waited in the great hall for my warriors they were slowly making their way to me, the only one missing was Maddox. I linked with him, 

Maddox don't feel bad if you don't want to come

No I am coming just give me 5 more minutes

Alright, take your time

I knew it was hard for him saying goodbye to his daughter she was only 5 days old so I get it. I mean leaving my family was hard on me too and I have one not even born yet. We all waited and Maddox finally arrived, "Alright I do not want anyone going free ass on me here, we will do this on my terms. I do not need to be carrying a body back to this pack you all here me" I said, "yes Alpha" they said in unison. "Good now we will be headed to night shade first I have a feeling the vampire is using old runes there. Also if you encounter the vampire do not approach him! I mean it like don't even fucking move and link me so I can come. I am not sure what his intentions are but this is my fight. I do not need anyone being brave here understood" I said looking at Charlie directly. "Yes Alpha" they all said again, "I know we are all taking a big risk in doing this but something needs to be done and I appreciate you all sticking by my side. We head out in 20 minutes so say goodbye to those you need to and meet me at the border" I said and we all parted. 

I went and said goodbye to my family again and assured Milah that she could do this and she kissed me. "Please come back to me Kayden" she said, "I will" I said, "I mean it and bring Kato with you please Aspen will never forgive me" she said, I laughed, "Kato will not stand for anything less" I said kissing her again and then I hugged Theo and Lyla, "Theo you take care of your mommy and sister okay" I said, "Okay daddy" he said smiling at me, Lyla looked said, "I will be fine baby girl you concentrate on keeping him out okay" I said, "Okay" she said she knew why I was going and it hurt her. I knew she didn't want him to take over her mind and that is the exact reason we were going. I went to the border and waited for my warriors to arrive and before I knew it we were all here and we headed out.