Seventy-three

Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ 𝑀𝒾𝓁𝒶𝒽 Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ  

What the hell just happened? Was that it? The vampire as gone just like that? "Kayden what is happening?" I asked, "I am not sure Lyla honey how do you feel?" he asked her, "good daddy he is gone I can't feel him" she said. "He is gone?" I said to her, "yes I think so, I could feel him before but now I can't" Lyla said. I was relieved as I hugged her and she hugged me back. "Mommy I am happy that you are having a baby too" she said, "you are?" I said, "yes he made me feel anger but I don't anymore. I am happy" she said, I looked to Kayden and he smiled and I hugged Theo. "You saved her" I said to him, "I did?" he said, "you did bud and you will be a great Alpha one day" Kayden said and this made Theo smile, he was always worried he wasn't good enough.

"Wait so where is Constantine?" Mack asked, "dead I hope, Mack go check the dungeon and deal with the body" Kayden said to him. "Ugh" Mack complained but he went anyways, I could tell Kayden was annoyed with him these days. I mean even Lexa could see it and I worried he might just snap on him one day. "Kayden talk to me" I said, "about what?" he said, "you and Mack what is going on?" I asked, "nothing why?" he said, "don't give me that crap something is going on" I said. "That is between me and him" Kayden said, "it involves me when my best friend links me crying because she thinks you are going to fire him" I said. "Well if he would stop questioning me as his Alpha and disobeying me I might just do that" I said. I knew Lexa was listening but I didn't know if Kayden did.

"Kayden talk to him don't be and ass" I said, "Just stay out of it Milah" he said, "no you are not going to do this I am your Luna and I like Mack as the Beta" I said. "Luna or not Milah that is not your call to make that is the Alpha's decision" he said. "Mommy and daddy are fighting again" Theo said to his sister. "We are not fighting" I said, "don't down play it Milah of course we are fighting over something you have zero say in" Kayden said. "All I am saying is talk to him before you do something stupid" I said, "talking to him is pointless he is getting on my last nerve" Kayden said. "Well you are getting on mine so can I fire you?" I said, "Fire me from what?" he said, "whatever I can" I said grabbing the kids and walking away. Honestly I am not sure what has gotten into him lately.

"Mommy are you mad at daddy?" Lyla asked, "no your daddy just needs to figure things out" I said. "Are you going to kick him out again?" Theo asked, "no" I said now I felt bad I mean I didn't even think about how it would affect them. I knew Kayden was most likely gone to work he had a million things to do these days and me getting pissed at him wasn't helping. There was a knock on my door and Lexa came in with Remy, "go play with your cousins" she said and the kids ran too Theo's room. "Do you really think he would fire him?" Lexa said, "no I don't Kayden is a hard ass but he need Mack he is just to stubborn to realize that" I said. "I know Mack has been a pain lately but he does his job" Lexa said. "I am not sure if it is about the job, Kayden has been so stressed about this vampire thing. Now that it is over I think things will calm down" I said. "I hope so I am not sure I can handle 2 children" she said, "I am going to have 3 or maybe even more, I mean damn the Alpha gene" I said. "Oh man imagine you end up with 3 or 4" she said, "that is not helping Lexa I can hardly handle the 2 I have and now we are adding more to this chaotic family" I said. "Yes but we can at least be grateful that the vampire is gone right?" Lexa said. "Yes thank the moon for that" I said. Lexa and I hung out for a bit longer, I linked Kayden and his bond was open but he turned his mind link off. I could feel his emotions and he was pissed but whatever he was doing he was keeping me out of it.

꧁༺ 𝓚𝓪𝔂𝓭𝓮𝓷 ༻꧂

I was in my office and I was annoyed I mean fuck I hated when we fought but she was being annoying. I mean I am not going to fire Mack at least not today, despite how annoying he is he was good at his job. I couldn't penalize him for that, I sat down at my computer I could at least do some paperwork. I received a message and I had to read it a few times to actually understand it. I linked Mack,

Mack come to my office now

I am dealing with the vampire mess

Now MACK

Okay 

A few minutes later Mack was standing in front of me, "everything okay Alpha?" he asked me. "Read this" I said showing him the email. "Wait what?" he said, "my thoughts exactly, I mean is he seriously asking me to take over for him?" I said, "it seems like it but is he sick? I mean why would he want you to run his pack?" Mack said, "I don't know but Moon stone is not exactly on the same page as me. I know Roan is a good wolf but what about his Beta? can he not run it?" I asked, "I am not sure man he is the only one who can give you answers" Mack said, "fuck as if I didn't have enough on my plate. Where are we with the vampire situation?" I said, "Well there is a hell of a mess in the dungeon. Apparently when he died it created some sort of blast and killed Nathaniel, and well Fluffy is not himself" Mack said. 

"No is he hurt?" I asked, "dude I don't know he is your pet, he just growls at everyone else" Mack said. "Right well I will come down there soon I just need to figure this out first" I said, "alright, and Alpha I am sorry" Mack said. "For?" I said, "being a pain in the ass, I like my job" he said. "I know that Mack and you are good at it. Pain in the ass or not I like having you as my Beta just stop questioning me and do what I tell you" I said. "Yes Alpha" he said saluting me and I tossed a pen at him he caught it and laughed. I called Roan and he answered, "Alpha Kayden I take it you received my email?" he said, "yes and I am confused" I said, "I will explain but allow me to do so in person" Roan said, "Sure but is everything okay?" I asked, "it is but I would like to explain in person, give me a few days time to get there please" he said. "Alright" I said and he hung up. I did have to admit he did look sick and that worried me because I thought wolves healed. Anyways I wouldn't have any answers for a few days so I needed to go and deal with the mess in the dungeon.

As soon as I walked in I was annoyed this place was going to take months to clean, "damn" I said, "yeah you are telling me" Mack said. "Get every maid we have down here to clean this up" I said, "sure but um what do we do about him?" Mack said pointing to fluffy, he was lying and whimpering on the ground. Kato came forward

he is no longer linked to you

What?

he will no longer serve you he is pissed

can we get him back?

I am not sure

"Mack we need to figure out how to get rid of him for now lock him up" I said, "why?" Mack asked. "He is gone, the vampire did something to him and he is not in my control anymore" I said and we managed to push him into a cell. I didn't know how long it would hold but for now it was all I had. "Can we kill a god?" Mack said, "I don't know I will contact Sephora but just don't let anyone down here for now" I said. "What about the maids?" he said, "no one goes down there for now Mack not until I figure out what to do next" I said and he nodded as I made sure the dungeon was sealed off to everyone. I was not going to have any incidents, I pushed a key code and changed the pins and everything. "What did you do?" Mack asked, "As of right now no one can get down there except for me and it will stay like that" I said. "Good I mean um sure Alpha" he said, I knew he hated the dungeon but we needed it for many reasons, I just hoped right now it was strong enough to hold fluffy.