Seventy nine

˜"*°•.˜"*°• Mack •°*"˜.•°*"˜

Kayden called me into his office and of course I was nervous, I tried not to think if I did anything wrong, I know it's been hard on everyone. I was trying to get ready for the new pack members. I knocked before walking into his office sad took a deep breath as I entered. "You wanted to see my Alpha" I said

"Yes Mack what the hell is going on?" He asked me. "I'm regards to what?" I said trying rack my brain. "You Mack you used to be independent and do your own thing. Now it's like you constantly need my approval and question yourself on everything" he said. Had I been doing that? I didn't even know. "I um am not sure" I said.

"Mack I trust you for a reason you are my Beta and I know your decision will be for this pack. I am trusting you to take care of the he's members with Harley. You are in charge snd if you see something wrong you handle it how you see fit. You are respected amongst those pack. I trust you to take charge when I can't. I wouldn't give you these responsibilities if I didn't trust you" Kayden said. "I know it's just ugh I don't want to disappoint you" I said hating that just admitted that.

"Mack you don't disappoint me, nothing you do goes I know you still beat yourself up over locking me up. I knew you made the right call I would have gone the same. Mack be the confident Beta not the timid one. Aztec is tough and so are you I know you won't let me down" he said. "Thanks Alpha" I said and I stood up to leave. "I just wanted to say I am glad you are good. I hope things stay quiet for us" Mack said. "I do too but I still don't know who this threat is and it's driving me crazy" he said. "We all have your back Kayden" I said leaving his office.

Man that went better than I thought I had no idea he approved of me. I mean I know he did I was his beta but lately I've been screwing up. I was glad to know that I wasn't a huge disappointment to him. I linked Alexa and told her everything.

I told you

I know ugh I was worried for nothing

Your a good Beta Mack believe in yourself

Thanks babe

I went back to work making sure the new housing was complete for the moonstone pack. I hoped they listened and didn't cause trouble a part of me worried they would.

𝓚𝓪𝔂𝓭𝓮𝓷

I tried to figure out who this threat was but I was coming up short. I honestly didn't even know where to begin. I didn't think it was another pack I felt this went beyond that. I mean there had to be more vampires out there and after Constantine died I'm sure others heard. Witches usually stayed away from packs unless they were needed. Most of the deity babies were dead, I just couldn't figure it out.

Turn I felt this sharp pain in my head, "you will suffer Alpha. Your days are numbered" I heard in my head. I looked at the amulet beside me and I knew Constantine was the one in my head. There was no way to get rid of it. I tried literally everything that I could. It was like either his presence was too strong or this amulet was. I just couldn't get rid of it. "You will never get control of me" I said out loud. I mean I was talking to an amulet I had to be crazy.

"You're already under my control Alpha it's only a matter of time" the voice said. I pushed the amulet into the back of my desk drawer and locked it. He was going to stay in there for now. I was hoping without it around me he wouldn't be in my head. I took some aspirin before doing more work. I was waiting for Aurora to come talk to me. Milah had her parents here so I knew she was in good hands.