•Comfort•

last comfort chapter 🫶🏾 and last chapter for this book 🥹

Billie

I reached over to my girlfriends side of the bed, lightly groaning when I couldn't feel her presence.

"Baby?" I groan groggily. Not getting a response my eyes shoot open and I sit up, worry flooding my body.

"Jessie?"

I look over to see our bathroom door shut, light shining out from underneath and my heart drops.

I throw the covers off me and rush up to the door, knocking gently.

"Jess? You in there?"

"Go away." I hear her say, and I can hear the tears in her voice.

"Baby, what happened? Are you alright?"

"I'm fine. I said go away."

"Honey, I know you're not fine. What's going on, please talk to me."

It was silent for a moment before I soon heard the soft cries coming from her. I knew the door was locked so I didn't even try to open it, knowing that would only scare her.

"Jessie come on, open the door lovey. Let me help you."

"No. You're gonna hate me." She cries and I chuckle lightly.

"Oh, I could never hate you sweetheart. I promise. I just wanna help you, mama."

"I'm scared. I messed up baby, I really fucked up."

"It's okay love, I know. But I promise I'm not gonna be mad, or upset with you. And whatever I see will not change how I look at you or how I love you. I swear."

Another few moments of silence but I eventually heard shuffles and the click unlocking the door.

I took a deep breath and slowly opened the door, seeing blood covering our white tile. My girlfriend cooped up in the corner, a towel pressed into her arm as she sobbed.

I couldn't help the soft gasp that left my lips, as I wasn't expecting it to be this bad.

"Baby.."

"Why is there so much blood? There's never this much blood, why is there so much blood?"

"Oh, honey." I was in a slight panic, as it had never been this bad before, and I wasn't entirely sure what to do first.

I quickly go into the cabinet and grab some extra towels to set on the floor, grabbing the ones covered in blood and putting them in the hamper.

I walk over to her and crouch down, gently cupping her face. She looked so broken and sad it brought tears to my own eyes knowing my precious girl had hurt herself again.

"Oh, my love."

"I'm so sorry." She cried and I shake my head.

"It's alright, it's not your fault. When did you do this?"

"Um...a couple minutes ago."

"Alright, let me see, sweetheart." I gently reach for her arm, taking off the towel to see numerous red lines displayed on her arm, one of which was bleeding profusely on her wrist.

"Okay, I think you might have hit a vein, lovey. It's okay though, imma take care of you, alright?"

I got her a clean towel and wrapped it tightly around her arm to try and stop the bleeding, helping her to stand up.

I picked her up and set her on our bathroom counter, grabbing one of our first aid kits from the shelf.

"I fucked up baby. It's so deep, I don't think I've ever gone this deep before, I'm scared."