•Toxic•

Another comfort chapter kind of, suuuuper long

TW: abuse (literally all kinds) Jessie is in a toxic relationship, fighting, speech regression, panic attacks, im sure there's more.

Jessie

I scrambled around my house, desperately trying to get it clean for my girlfriend. I never knew which girlfriend I would get when she came home, so I always had to be prepared.

Sometimes Ava would come home as bright as the sun, so cheerful and happy about the wonderful day she had. Other times she would come home as dark as a storm, annoyed and angry about her horrible day.

Those are the days I dread. Because she would always take her anger out on me, whether it be by yelling at me, scolding me and even hitting me.

As I heard her car pull up I stood by the entrance ready to either greet her eagerly or prepare for the yelling.

Unfortunately it was the latter today.

"Jesus fucking christ." She mumbled as she came through the door.

"Hi baby." I said in the sweetest voice I could.

"God, what does your needy ass want? I just got home Jessie, can you give me five minutes?" She spits, tossing her things recklessly on the floor, unconsciously knowing I would pick them up.

"I just wanted to know how your day was." I said quietly.

"Well since you wanna know so fucking badly, it was awful. Worst fucking day ever." She said the same thing she always said, and each time I found it hard to believe that every bad day was the worst.

"I'm sorry. Is there anything I can do?"

"You can give me some fucking space, I don't wanna hear from you so just stay out of my way for a while okay? Jeez."

She stormed off upstairs into our room, harshly slamming the door as I heard the walls of our apartment shake. My body trembled in a similar fashion as I made my way to the kitchen to start dinner.

I decided to make her favorite to hopefully help her mood and save me from a potential beating. Tears bubbled up in my eyes, as they do nearly every night at my situation.

I knew it was bad, of course. But I couldn't find it in myself to leave. I didn't have anywhere else to go, nothing was in my name–the car, the apartment, not even my bank account was mine as we had a joint account. I was forced to cut contact with a lot of my close friends because Ava found them 'too distracting.'

She preferred I be focused on more girlfriend things like keeping the house clean and cooking meals for us since she works all day. It seemed as though I was stuck in the 1950's most of the time.

My phone ringing made me jump slightly, picking it up to see Billie, my best friends face upon my screen.

She was the only one of my friends I couldn't bare to let go. Which caused rather unfortunate repercussions with my girlfriend. Ones that left bruises on my face for days.

I quickly wiped my tears and cleared my throat as I answered the phone.

"Hi, Bil."

"Hey there stranger, whatcha doin?" She asked in a goofy voice.

"Just cooking."

"Again? I thought you cooked yesterday?"

"I cook everyday, Bil, you know that. What's up?" I ask, wanting to get to the point before Ava heard me and came downstairs.

"Nothing, I just missed you. Feel like it's been weeks since we hung out."

"I'm sorry, I've just been a bit busy."