•Keep Trying•

Fluff chapter

⚠️TW: talks of miscarriages and infertility⚠️

Billie

"Come on babe, just do it already."

I take a deep breath and shakily flip over the pregnancy test. My shoulders instantly slump when I see the results.

"It's negative. Again."

I throw it in the trash and slump back against the toilet as my fiancée, Jess sighs.

"Well then we'll try again." She says.

"I don't wanna try again." I whisper quietly. Fiddling with the engagement ring on my finger.

She looks confused and they crouch down in front of me, putting her hands on my knees.

"Why not?"

"Jess this is our 7th time trying to conceive, and it's yet another fail. I just don't think it's meant to be."

Ever since Jessie and I got engaged we've wanted to have a baby. At first we wanted Jess to carry the baby but after three miscarriages the doctors told us she was infertile and wasn't able to properly have a child. Their body just rejected the fetuses.

So she turned to me and I was more than happy to try it out. We went to get me inseminated and a couple weeks later took a test which showed up negative. Jess refused to give up and we proceeded to get me inseminated two more times.

This was our 4th time getting inseminated and our 7th time trying for a baby all around and I was starting to lose hope.

"I'm just tired of getting my hopes up and then having them be crushed every month." I explained dropping my head down.

"I know baby. But listen to me we're gonna keep trying cause that's what we do. We keep trying until we get what we want." They cupped my face and placed a soft kiss to my lips.

"What if it just doesn't work?" I asked once she pulled away.

"We can always adopt." She shrugged. But Their tone told me that's not what she really wanted.

We had nothing against adoption don't get me wrong. We just really wanted a kid of our own.

"We'll try again next week after your show,
yeah?"

I nodded.
"Yeah."

~

Like we said we went to try again for a baby next Saturday after my show in Sacramento.

I wasn't all that excited as Jess only because I didn't wanna expect too much from it.

The ladies there knew us since we've been coming here for months so we just did our usual routine.

Me and Jess both peed in a cup so they could test it for any diseases or substances and shit then they took some blood from Jess so they could implant her DNA into the sperm and a 10 minutes later I was inseminated for the 5th time.