•Take Care•

Soft Billie, fluff
billie's biggest love language is acts of service for this chapter

Billie

"Hi pretty." I greet my girlfriend as she hops into the passenger seat of my car, tossing her bag in the bag seat.

"Hi." She mumbled and I immediately knew something was off.

"You okay?"

"I just really wanna go home."

I knew something else was wrong besides her just wanting to go home. But I didn't pry too much, deciding the truth would come out sooner or later.

Whenever Jess bottles up her feelings they usually explode later on through a panic attack, or a fit of some kind.

When we got back to our apartment, I grabbed her bag from the backseat for her. Knowing that shit fucked up her shoulders and back.

I took her head and led her inside, telling her to wait right where she was for a moment.

I took her jacket off for her and hung it up before bending down, untying her shoes, taking them off and placing them by the door with the rest of them.

"What do you want for dinner love?"

"I'll probably just order something."

"No, I asked you what you wanted so I could make something. So what would you like?"

Her lips twitched up into a small smile as her cheeks tinted pink.

"Can you make fettuccine pasta?"

"Of course. Do you wanna watch something while I make it or be in the kitchen with me?"

"I kinda wanna be with you. As long as it's not an issue."

"No, it's never an issue sweetheart. C'mon."

I hoisted her up onto the kitchen counter where she likes to sit when I'm cooking, getting together a bowl of fruit for her to snack on while I cooked knowing she would get a little hungry.

"Tell me about your day." I say as I start cooking. "And don't leave out a single detail."

"Well, I woke up with you by my side that was great but then I had to get up and get ready that wasn't so great...."

I listened intently as she explained all the intricate details of her day, loving the way she swung her feet as she spoke.

"...And then I dunno I just got really like stressed for no reason and I kinda got stuck in my ADHD paralysis cause I have literally so much to do and because I have so much to do I can't start on anything...."

"....and so by the time you picked me up I was just completely exhausted like all around exhausted and..."

She stops talking suddenly and her movements cease as she stares at the ground in thought.

"What is it love?" I ask, immediately turning everything on low and my attention to her.

"Billie there's something wrong with me." She says quietly.

"What do you mean baby?"

"I'm not happy." She says as her eyes fill with tears.

"I'm not happy with my life. You are the only thing right now that is bringing me any kind of joy. I-I mean I'm going to school doing stuff I don't like because I have to, I barely see my friends any more because they all have jobs, I can't even work during the school year and I am stressed out all the time over these easy assignments that for some reason I always put off and...I'm tired."