•Memories•

Fluff

Billie
"My love could you clean out the attic please? I think that's the only place I haven't gotten yet."

"Sure mama."

Me and Jess were currently in the process of moving houses. We had almost every room packed up and all that was left was the attic.

Me and Jess were what everyone called high school sweethearts. We first got together the summer before 9th grade. And we've been together ever since. We've practically been through everything together since then, we're inseparable.

Going into the attic I started to clean it out starting with the things that looked the oldest.

I didn't realize how much cool stuff we actually had in here from when we were young it was amazing.

"Jess! Baby you gotta get up here and see these things!"

I heard her footsteps coming up the stairs and a few moments later enter the attic.

"Wow. When was the last time we were up here it's gross in here. Oh my god what is that-"

"Yeah okay obsess later sweetie, c'mere look."
I held up a small kinda rusty fake diamond ring. "Do you know what this is?"

"Ohhh it's the promise ring you gave me before we graduated. Oh, I forgot about that."

"Yeah cause 2 years later I gave you a better ring. And it was a real diamond this time." I held up her left hand which had her wedding ring on it.

Flashback 8 years ago
"Baby! Come here, come here!"
I dragged Jess back behind the school where no one could see us.

"Billie what are you doing? We're gonna get in trouble." She laughed.

"I needed to be alone with you for a few minutes. I have something I wanna give you kinda like a graduation present."

"Baby we don't graduate for another 3 months."

"Yeah yeah I know but this is really important to me so can I please do this?"

She sighed a bit, putting her stuff on the ground to give me her undivided attention.

I smiled nervously before pulling out a small ring box opening it as I held it in my palms. I noticed the way Jess slightly tensed up a bit.

"Relax mama, I'm not proposing. Well not yet anyway. But I do know that I definitely want to spend the rest of my life with you. One day I am gonna marry you Jess. But until then I want you to have this, think of it as like...a promise ring."

"And what am I promising exactly?" She asked. Not taking her eyes off the box.

"That one day, maybe soon maybe not so soon but one day..we will get married. Promise me that you'll be with me forever?"

She laughed a bit before holding out her hand. "I promise." She said softly.

I smiled relived, slipping the small ring onto her finger. "I'm sorry it's not real. I promise I'll give you a real one when I actually propose."

"This is perfect baby. I love it. And I love you."

"I love you too."
End of flashback

"Can you believe that was almost 10 years ago? Now that's crazy." I said to her.

"I know. God I feel old now." She chuckled. She stood on her tiptoes to wrap her arms around my neck as mine went around my waist.

𝑩𝒊𝒍𝒍𝒊𝒆 𝑩𝒐𝒔𝒔𝒂 𝑵𝒐𝒗𝒂- 𝑩.𝑬जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें