•Unexpected pt3•

TW: Talks of abuse

Billie
(1 week later)
I anxiously waited for Jessie to call me. After she told me she was pregnant I had gone home to tell my parents while she told her mom.

I didn't want to leave her for fear her mom would hurt her or the baby but she insisted she would be okay.

I knew my parents would be accepting of me and Jess as well as our baby. Not that they were thrilled but they weren't raging mad either. But I knew Jess's mom wouldn't be the same.

I sat on my couch bouncing my leg up and down like i've been doing for the past 30 minutes.

"Damnit I can't take this. I'm going to go get her." I spoke aloud, getting my keys and putting my coat on.

"Billie she told you not to." Finneas told me. I sighed.

"I know what she told me Finn but you don't know her mom. Her mom won't just be mad she'll be furious. You know when she found out about us not only did she throw me out of her house but she hit her?! What do you think she's gonna do when Jess tells her she's 4 months pregnant! So I don't care what she says I'm going to get her."

As soon as I opened my door I saw Jess there standing in the rain ready to knock. Her tears ran down her face as she tried to compose herself.

"Jessie baby what happened? Are you alright?"

"I told her." Was all she said with a trembling voice.

"Okay come here, mama it's okay. Finneas could you get her a towel and mom could you make her some tea please? Here baby sit down."

I took her inside and sat her on the couch as Finneas came down with a few towels which I wrapped around her body. 

"Alright, can you tell me what happened mama?"

"Um well I told her. She uhh she got mad, really mad and...Billie she hit me again. Harder this time."

"Where baby? Does it hurt?"

She teared up again, her hand going down to her small baby bump she had coming in.

"She hit you in your stomach?" I asked softly.

"I think she wanted to hurt the baby and Billie I'm so scared that she did cause I haven't felt them move."

I froze in place. Moving to kneel in front of her to take her hands into my own.
"Wait, mama you've felt them move before?"

"A little bit, I'm sorry I was gonna call you to tell you but I wasn't sure if you've told your family or not."

"Oh that's okay mama, so ever since she hit you you haven't felt them move. At all?"

"No. I'm scared Billie."

My mom then came in with the cup of tea as I handed it to her.
"I know baby it's gonna be okay though. Here drink this."

"I'm guessing things went well with your family considering the obvious."

"I'm so sorry about what happened Jessie. You're welcome to stay here with us as long as you need." My mom said to her.

"Thanks.."

"Maggie, and that's Patrick my husband and Finneas. Billie's brother."

She told everyone it was nice to meet them before they all decided me and her needed some alone time as I took her into my room.

She took a shower and I gave her some of my clothes to wear. She sat on the bed with her hands over her stomach as I got a brush to do her hair.

She hasn't said a word since she got out of the shower, though I didn't push her to say anything knowing she just needed some time.