•Arranged•

Just roll with me on this alright

Jess
I ran through the royal gardens, hearing countless guards yelling after me telling me to come back and to stop.

But I won't. If mother thinks I'm going to marry a man I don't know then she is sadly mistaken.

I run and run and run until I bump into someone, both of us falling down and what seems to be flour spilling over us both.

I look up to see a girl around my age, with the pretties eyes and most stunning features I've ever seen. And that's coming from a Princess who sees lots of pretty faces.

"Oh my goodness I am so sorry. I should've went the other way I--" When she sees who I am she's quick to change her demeanor.

"Princess. Oh my gosh, I am so terribly sorry. Are you hurt?"

"No, no I'm quite alright. Are you?"

"Yes, except well, I've spilled all the flour I was meant to be delivering to..well to your family. And I've gotten it all over you and your dress I am so so terribly sorry."

"Oh, it's alright dear. It's just a bit of flour nothing a wash won't fix." I say, brushing some of it off my arms.

"Here let me help you up." She quickly scrambles to her feet, dusting herself off before extending a hand.

A very soft and gentle hand if I do say so myself.

"Again, my deepest apologies your highness." She says, giving a small courtesy.

"It's alright, really you don't have to worry."

She looks up at me and I smile as she stands upright.

"What is your name?"

"Billie. Billie O'Connell your highness." She says, still giving a small head bow.

"Well it's nice to meet you Billie. Please, call me Jess."

"Well then, it's nice to formally meet you. Princess Jess."

Suddenly we heard the clanking of armor and the shouts of my gaurds.

"Those are my guards. Quickly we must run." I take her hand and run through the gardens until I reach one of the many secret passages, a trap door disguised to look like the rocks in the pathway.

We both drop down and I shut the door, telling her to be very quiet as we hear the various footsteps and muffled yelling of the palace guards.

"Okay, they're gone." I say, grabbing one of the torches off the walls.

"Where are we?"

"A secret passageway. There's tons of them that run through and under the castle and all of its grounds. Only the royal family knows about them and well, now you do. Come, there should be another exit down this way."

"Why were you running from them? The guards?" She asks.

"It's a long story."

"Well I'm a great listener. If you'd like to tell me."

I thought for a moment before I smiled at the girl, I don't know why but I trusted her.

"I'm to be married. In 2 weeks time."

"Married? That hardly seems like something to run away from."

"It's different when you're a royal, Billie. You don't get to choose who to marry. I'm to marry the duke of the South Kingdom so that our families can join together or whatever nonsense my mother said. I don't know, I think it's supposed to help us set an example."