Eustace's First Birthday

Start from the beginning

"You should see Edwin when he's at home. He is always opening the doors and crawling up the stairs." Aurora giggled as adorable as hearing an otter squeak, trailing behind him like a fairy eyeing him like a hawk making sure he isn't going into places he is supposed to. "I wonder where he gets his curiosity from?" she teased as silly as hearing a puppy bark, igniting more joy to flourish in my veins from her sudden behavior.

"Certainly not from me." I reply with a grin, attracted by her playful response stimulating my mood with euphoria I felt as though I was laying on a field of grass from this moment, while using my other arm to curl it around Eustace's shoulders cuddling him more to feel as though I was holding a baby cub from his softness.

Edwin wore a smile as bright as a shooting star hearing tiny footsteps smack the floorboard constantly like hearing a duck's webbed feet paddle the water, until my detective had reached my desk where his hands started to roam around the surface like a fishing hook in a pond, eagerly finding the knob to pull out the drawer where his adventure kept going.

Edwin laughed full of life and excitement enchanted his voice as adorable as hearing a baby calf mooing, shoving his entire forearm into the drawer where within a blink his hand fished up a pen causing his eyes the color of mist to flicker like a candle from amazement.

Watching my son explore the mere contents of the drawer flowed more ease to drift in my veins well knowing his excitement about exploring was inherited from Aurora while his curiosity could be a mixture between the both of us.

It's fascinating already at such a young age I can see the traits that my son inherited from both sides.......but I wonder how my children will be once they become adults?

Even though Edwin uncovered a new object his curiosity got the best of him ruffling through my files as loudly as hearing dozens of leaves fall to the ground disorganizing my stack of papers where Aurora intercepted his next move, grabbing his arm as gentle as a lamb redirecting Edwin's chunky hands like a sausage to guide him out from the drawer hearing "No my darling, those are daddies papers and we can't touch those." she explained as peacefully as hearing a dove hoot while picking up Edwin to allow him to rest on her hip like a purse.

Aurora used her knee to shut the bottom drawer while her free hand removed the pen from Edwin's grip making sure he didn't hurt himself. "Erwin my love is it alright if Edwin uses some of your pens and paper to draw?" she asked with a voice as sleek as hearing a flower plucked from its stem as her round face sunk with bliss.

Green eyes twinkling like an emerald in sunlight, pink lips the color of a peony, and full like a plum beamed a smile as loving as the sunrise to expose her teeth white as pearls, I was mesmerized to see her beauty.

She's so beautiful....inside and out.

"Please do so, I have some scratch paper in the top left drawer that Edwin can use to entertain himself."

Aurora obeyed my command as swiftly as a horse, obtaining the paper from my drawer to transfer our son toward the large window peering over the city making it look as though you could see the outside world itself, gently setting him on the ground where she began to explain to Edwin what she would like him to do and to no surprise, Edwin listened to his mother's voice with eyes sparkling like mineral water from allure, sitting on the floor like a bean bag while his attention was glued to the paper while his hand roamed around the paper allowing his imagination to run wild.

Pleased by my wife's sweetness and my son's obedience, I turn my attention to my other son nestling along my chest like a capitellar in a cocoon, wanting to give him the same amount of love and treatment.

"Today is your birthday, isn't it Eustace?"

Eustace rose from my chest like a dehydrated plant that has received water, displaying his eyes fused with green and blue shimmering like a star from joy, elevating more ease to soothe my veins staring upon the product of my love mixed into a pair of eyes as breathtaking as a peacock's feather