Eustace's First Birthday

Start from the beginning

There isn't enough hours in the days to give you the attention you deserve.

I then heard footsteps clink the floorboard as elegant and graceful as hearing a spoon tap against a teacup, redirecting my gaze towards the door to see a beautiful blonde girl illuminate a smile as breathtaking as a skyful of stars, while seeing my second born clutched as her chest like a purse, my smile remained sealed.

"Surprise." she giggled as sweet as hearing a guinea pig squeak, floating her way towards me as I found myself more eased from her arrival. "Eustace wanted to see you as his birthday gift!" she once more giggled full of life and love sounding like a dove, transferring all her weight onto her tippy toes knowing what comes next as I descended myself closer to her level to peck a light kiss against her lips as smooth as eating a nectarine.

Hearing my son's only desire left me feeling as amazed as being electrocuted allowing astonishment to saturate me, and if words weren't enough to dazzle me Eustace was reaching his arms out towards me trying to grab onto me moaning in the process as adorable as hearing a mouse squeak "Eeeaahh." as my wife transferred the birthday boy into my free arm.

In one arm I held Edwin cuddling me to feel his tender head nuzzle between my neck and collarbone while my other arm held Eustace where I also felt his gentle head nuzzle into the other side of neck feeling as though I was a kangaroo poaching my two sons, inspiring bliss and ease to comfort me.

I'm sorry to the both of you for my absences......I'll make it up one day, I promise to give you a life full of freedom and peace.....

Influenced by both of my sons yearning, I extended my neck towards the two of them bestowing a kiss on each forehead to feel softness rub me back as soft as a eating a pear, as a smile begins to form along my lips enjoying every moment with the ones I loved most.

Every moment I spent with you I treasure and you keep me going.

Aurora shined a smile as breathtaking as a crown full of jewels, elegantly drifting herself towards us like a swan resting along a lake, while each of her hand met each boy to stroke her hand against their cheek as gentle as a sponge.

"They couldn't wait to see you my love." she breathed with a voice as delicate and soft as a hearing a harp, green eyes sparkling like an emerald from bliss I found myself more dazzled to hear her speak. "Edwin was so excited knowing he was going to see you and he ran the whole way here and even opened the door!  Eustace on the other couldn't keep still, he kept bouncing on me."

She is so sweet....and what's even more delightful knowing my sons are just as precious as her.

Imagining such an event encouraged my smile to remain plastered along my lips, only wishing I could have seen such innocence, but then again I was given a chance to be with the ones I loved knowing I had to appreciate every moment.

"How beautiful." I reply once again dipping my head closer towards my wife to bestow all my passion and love with a kiss along her forehead feeling softness rub me back "The three of you just made this day better."

Overjoyed and pleased I felt in this moment I never wanted it to end, but I nearly forget how much energy and spirit children have, feeling one of my sons start to fidget in my arm as though I was holding a worm, noticing it was Edwin who was jittery like a cricket in a jar.

No wonder he ran the whole way.....he must be full of excitement to explore my office.

Charmed by my son's behavior a chuckle passes along my lips from amusement, squatting myself down to the ground to release Edwin from my chest where my little boy eagerly starts to waddle his way around my office like a penguin where his hands had to touch every single item he could reach while Eustace remained in my grip quiet and still like a patched stitched on my uniform.