Goodbye Grandmother

Beginne am Anfang

I'll do anything for both of my sons because of love.

Just like Mother wanted, I only want them to live in a world full of freedom.....

After a few rounds of Edwin's excitement of catching the snow, he settled back down to rest along my shoulder but this time I felt his head the size of a baseball nuzzle into my neck like a rabbit digging a hole, while his arms as small as a stick embraced my sternum to inspire more hope about today.

I was fortunate enough to experience a family with two son's of my own.....just imagine the joy of expanding our love through more children.....

What is the purpose of his life if we are not living for someone else...

Aurora and I promptly made it to the funeral, and since all of my bloodlines are deceased not many people had attended and if so I recognized every single face since it was the Sinclair's and my close friends.

Grandmother laid in a wooden casket, allowing the audience to glimpse at her last day on the surface where she'll be resting in the ground to decompose back into dust.

Grandmother laid on her back dressed in her finest clothes of black the color of this sorrowful day though the dark fabric brightened her snowy white skin. Her hands as wrinkly and creased as a prune toppled over one another holding onto a single peony in her palm well knowing Aurora's indication was there. Her red spectacles the color of a tomato hung from the tip of her nose, but the saddest image was to see her eyelids closed to barricade her icy blue eyes just like Father's and my first born........

Staring at my deceased Grandmother I felt only agony terrorize my body as painful as being eaten alive by wolfs, chomping, ripping, and dislocating every piece of flesh in me to feel nothing because
Grandmother is gone.

Grandmother had a tough life.......her husband died in the Survey Corps trying to fight for the greater good, while her daughter in law died in a horrible accident right after I was born and seven years later her son is taken away......

Helga has suffered enough in this life especially at her end since her body was decaying and corrupting.

It's painful for her to leave, but after living a life full of pain and misery, death can be peaceful.

Goodbye Grandmother, you have changed my life forgive and I never will forget your love.

A smile paints across my lips to feel peace swim in my bloodstream as blissful as taking a warm bath knowing Grandmother is with her family now, finding more ease to accept death. My mind spun around like a wheel of fortune replaying all my favorite memories of a woman that altered my life......but my son seemed to attract my attention.

"Aa....Aa......Aa." Edwin cooed adorably as a little sheep, feeling his tiny body as large as a cantaloupe start to lean towards Grandmother using his chubby hands to start clawing and grasping at Grandmotner's shoulder trying to cling to her like a little koala bear, paralyzing me from stun to see how quickly Edwin identified who Great Grandmother.

Edwin recognizes Helga because of how frequently she would hold and kiss him.......months from now he won't even remember who she is.
Pity how one can be forgotten so easily from separation.....just like Father and Mother, only myself and the Sinclairs will remember their faces because we are family........but from families are told stories from generations past, stories in which we can remember our love ones and cherish our bloodline.

Suddenly I felt a wave of energy stimulate my veins as charging as my first sip of morning coffee shining a smile across my lips from joy even encouraging the desire to talk to my son. I held his tiny frame close to my chest as I hunched myself closer to the dead corpse where Edwin was able to roam his chunky hand along Grandmother's shoulder even hearing laughs of happiness pass from his lips.