♤♡ If You Do ◇♧

Warning: Crowd panic, panic attack (Taehyung/V), vomit, Based Jojo Y/n, depression (not Y/n), car accident, you in the car with yo bro taking a corner at 300kph saying "I loved her bro... "

My head is pulsing in pain, overbearing all my senses and disorienting me. My vision is dark, and my ears are ringing as I feel my pulse in all my body. I guess taking that projector in the head truly did damage on me.

And yet, despite being completely submerged, there is something I can distinguish in all this mess. It's different from everything I'm currently feeling... it's soft and gentle. A comforting sense getting more presence. The previous overwhelming feelings are slowly dissipating as I anchor myself to this sweet feeling.

Soon enough, the pulse is gone along the ringing of my ears. All I can focus on is this warm comfort. And as I focus more on it, I can feel it in my right hand. Wanting to see the source, I pushed myself to recover my vision and open my eyes with great effort.

Blinking my eyes open, it took a few seconds for them to adjust and finally recover my sight. And I wasn't disappointed by what I first saw. Perched above me, a very familiar face with soft features resting in an expression of awe. The eyes were full of care and surprise as they took on the sight of my awakened self.

" ... You're awake! "

" Hello to you too, Jaebum... "

A soft smile spread on his lips, and this made me aware of the warmth I was sensing earlier in my hand. Glancing at the side, our hands were intertwined together. In a way, it was comforting to know he was by my aide, and he was the one pulling me out of this state.

" I'm happy to see you. How long was I out this time? "

" Tell me about it, I'm so glad to see you awake. This time, you were out for four months. Surprisingly, your body took almost no damage, and you were simply out the whole time, same thing for Jackson. "

" Jackson? OH MY WHERE IS HE?! "

I tried to stand from the bed in a hurry and panic, but Jaebum held me back and made me sit on the bed with worried eyes.

" Wow, wow, calm down. He is ok, although he hasn't woken up yet, he is fine. The doctors and Jinyoung made sure of it. "

" Wait, why are you talking about Jinyoung? "

At that moment, I took the time to really glance at my surroundings and realized I wasn't at the hospital. The place was clearly more furnished and had more equipment. My best friend answered my inquiries.

" We're in Jinyoung private clinic. He was the one who made sure you both got transferred here to get taken care of. Honestly, we're fortunate to have him take care of you two. If it had been the hospital again, they might have taken off your life support by now. "

I nodded before noticing the bed beside mine with someone in it. Jaebum, who followed my gaze, helped me up and took me to see the patient and answered my inquiries once again with a calm voice despite the slight disdain in his tone.

" They put you and Jackson together. As you can see, he is fine too. Perhaps he will wake up as you're awake. Still, I can't help but resent him for the situation. I know our strained rivalry is not a surprise, but in such moment, it's hard to repress the hate coursing through me at his sight... "

" Jae... "

" Well it has always been tense and it was at its worst point the day you two got together but it was also the day we made "peace" and each swore to make sure nothing happens to you under our watch... "

He clenched his fists as he gazed upon Jackson's sleeping face. He probably thought he was very punchable at the moment. But for all my love and understanding to Jaebum as my best friend, I had to disagree with him on the matter. Sure, we started off the wrong feet, but this unconventional meeting is why my relationship with Jackson is so special. It's like a brambles that over time grew to turn out being unbloomed roses. The flowers finally show their colors once light and nutrient framed them. A rose with thorns, a relation that can be beautiful but not without itch.