Chapter 63: Our Advantage (Joseph's PoV)

I stood there, as I just seemed to stare for some time. As it was that I was not all too sure just what I should do. As it was that it seemed like I was in fact stuck in place.
As it was that I did my best to try to wake my self up. As it was that I then did in fact just seem to blink my eyes a few times. As just like that, the black dragon was now gone.
As it left me stuck in my own head for a bit of some time. As I was not all too sure as to what to do or think. As it was that I then did in fact just seem to start to hear the voice of Tom, as it was that he then seemed to go on ahead and start to speak up.
"Are you okay there Joseph? Are you coming with us or not?" He did in fact just seem to say. As it was that I did in fact just seem to blink my eyes a few times at what he had said.
As it was that I then did in fact seem to snap back to reality. As I just then did in fact go and look at the others that were right beside me. As I saw that Tyler and Zoe both had their eyes wide, as they did seem to be worried.
I was still so lost as to just where I was at for a few moments. As it took me a few seconds to regain control of my self, as well. Before it was that I then did in fact begin to start to go and speak back to Tom.
"Did no one else just see that?" I did in fact just seem to say. As it was that I did in fact just seem to nod my head up to where it was. That I had seen Plyma staring at me with an evil smile from the sky.
As it was that I did in fact just seem to stare for a few more seconds. That was when it was that I then began to hear the voice of Tyler. As it was that he felt like he was a bit lost as to what I was talking about.
"See what? What are you talking about right now?" He did in fact just seem to say, at that. As it was that he did in fact just seem to have his eyes wide, as he did in fact stare up as to where I had in fact pointed.
He seemed to be that way for just a little bit longer. Before it was that he then did in fact just seem to all of the sudden look back at me. As it was that I saw that he seemed to almost think I was going crazy.
As it was that I seemed to realize that it was in fact the case. That was when it was that I began to speak up my self. As it was that I did in fact get ready to defend my self, at that.
"Um... Plyma... The dragon that was just up there..." I did in fact just seem to say, all at once. As it was that I was starting to wonder if I was perhaps hallucinating, at that.
As it was that it did in fact almost seem like it was a blurry image. As it was that I seemed to think that way for a little bit longer. That was until I then began to start to realize that the dragon had in fact spoken.
I just seemed to look back up at the sky, hoping he would almost come back. As it was that I did in fact go ahead and hear the voice of Zoe. As it was that she also seemed to be a little bit worried her self.
"Are you sure you got enough sleep last night? It's been a wild last couple of days..." She did in fact just seem to say to me, all at once. As it was that she had a little bit of a grin on her face as she had said that.
I knew as to why it was in fact the case, at that. As she had made several attempts at trying to seduce me. But I had always made sure that I was to stand my ground.
I just kind of shook my head back at her, all at once. As it was that I felt like no one was taking me serious what so ever. As this time I spoke back in a not so happy voice, all at the exact same time too.
"I know damn well what I saw! He was there... He was watching us... I think he knows where we are at..." I did in fact just seem to say. As it was that I saw that a lot of the Egyptian people looked at me after I had said that.
I kind of was a little bit worried that they had under stood that. As it was that I felt like it was more than likely not the case. As I had to assume it was more the fact that I was in fact speaking very loud.
As it was that I did my best to just try to keep my self calm. That was when it was that Tom then began to go and speak up. As it was that I looked at him and listened as to just what it was that he had to say.
"I believe you Joseph... It only makes sense... You uncle used to see the same sort of things... I think it was a warning for us..." He did in fact just seem to say to me, at that.
As it was that he had a very serious look on his face. As it made me feel a bit better as to the fact that he seemed to be taking me seriously at least. As I let out a little bit of a soft sigh to my self, at that.
As it was that I had in fact done as such a thing like that. In the end, I then did in fact just seem to wake my self up a fair bit. As it was that I then did in fact begin to go and also speak back to him, at that.
"So... Does that mean the city is in trouble... Or does that mean that back home is in trouble..." I did in fact just seem to say. As I felt stupid just as soon as it was that I had in fact said what I had said.
As it was that I knew that I already knew the answer to that. As it was that I just seemed to shake my head a bit to my self. As it was that I then did in fact also just start to hear Tom speak back to me once again.
"I think it means that we are in a lot of trouble..." He did in fact just seem to say, all at once. As it was that he had a very serious tone of voice as he had said what he had said.
As it was clear that neither of the other 2 were messing around any more. As it was that they both had their eyes wide, at that. As they both seemed to be afraid as to just what it was that it did in fact mean.
For what ever reason, that seemed to make me feel a bit better. As it was that I did in fact just seem to shiver at the thought of why. As it was that I then did in fact begin to start to hear the voice of Zoe, go ahead and speak.
"Well... That means we have to warn the king and the people! We have to get out of the city! We can't beat them by our selves!" She did in fact just seem to say, all at once.
As it was that I did in fact just seem to try my best to keep my self as calm as I felt like I could. As in the end, I did in fact just seem to wake my self up. And I then did in fact begin to go and let out a rough sigh to my self.
Just as soon as it was that I had in fact done as such a thing like that. That was when it was that I saw that Tom did in fact seem to be worried. As it was that he also then began to start to go right on ahead and speak back to her, all at once.
"Yes... We need to do that... But I don't know how that will work... It is a lot different with an army than with a city full of elders and children..." He did in fact just seem to say, all at the exact same time as well.
As it was that I felt like he had a very fair point on what he had just said. As I just then did in fact seem to dip my head a bit low. As it was that those thoughts did in fact seem to come in to my head.
I seemed to stand there and stare for a few moments longer. As it was that I then did in fact just seem to hear the voice of Tyler. As it was that he went on ahead and spoke up this time, all at the exact same time too.
"Alright... Well let's go talk to him now and warn him... We don't know how much time we have left do we?" He did in fact just seem to say. As it was that he did in fact just seem to bring up a fair point on that, as well.
As it was that I felt like they could be hear within the next few hours, all at once. As it was that I did my best to try to act as calm as I felt like I could in fact possibly do. As it was that I just then did in fact begin to go on ahead and speak up, at that.
"Tyler is right... We should go now..." I did in fact just seem to say. As it was that I did in fact agree on what it was that my friend had said. As it was that he nodded to me, glad to see that I was on his side.
As it was that we had all said as to what we had said. That was when it was that all 3 of us then looked at Tom. As Tom had his eyes wide, as if he was not all too sure what to do him self.
As it was that I seemed to see that it was in fact the case. I did in fact do my best to keep my self as calm as I felt like I could in do. As it was that I then finally began to hear Tom start to speak up, at that.
"I don't know how he will take it... But yes you are right... We need to go now..." He did in fact just seem to say, all of the sudden. As it was that he did in fact seem to be worried him self, all at once.
As it was that I seemed to just continue to stare for a few moments. That was when it was that I then seemed to step up for the first time. As it was that I then did in fact begin to start to go and walk to the palace steps, all at at the exact same time as well.
As it was that it did in fact just seem to be the case. In the end, I also then did in fact just seem to look back at them all at once. As it was that I saw that their eyes were wide once again, as I then spoke up to them.
"Come on! Like we said... We dont have much time!" I did in fact just seem to say, at that. As it was that I just did in fact once again seem to shiver. As it was that I did my best to try to act as calm as I felt like I could.
Just as it was that I had in fact said what I had said to the others. That was when it was that it thankfully did in fact seem to wake them up. As it was that I saw them all nod to me all of the sudden.
As it was that they then began to start to go and run up the steps with me, all of the sudden. Just as it was that I had in fact realized it was the case. I then did in fact turn my head back in to what was in front of me.
Only to see that there was a guard that had his spear out. As it was that I was a bit lost as to just what he was doing, as I just stopped my self. As it was that the guard did in fact go on ahead and start to speak to me.
"What are you doing, running like that on the kings grounds?" He did in fact just seem to say. As it was that I of course did not have a single clue as to just what he had said.
Though based off of the not so happy look on his face. And the tone of voice that he had in fact used. I had to assume that it was nothing good to hear what so ever.
I kind of gulped, as I did in fact just seem to stop my self. As it was that I was not all too sure as to just what it was that I should do my self. As luckily Tom did in fact seem to be quick to have my back.
As it was that I then did in fact just seem to hear their foot steps. As it was that I also heard the voice of Tom begin to speak to them. As I listened to him in their language, all at the exact same time as well.
"For the sake of your own families and loved ones... I recommend you get out of the way... This is very important..." He did in fact just seem to say, all at the exact same time too.
As it was that the guard did in fact just seem to have his eyes grow wide. As to just what ever it was that Tom had in fact said to him. As it was that I was a little bit worried that he might have said too much.
As it was that I knew that we also did in fact not want the city in panic. As it was that I just did my best to act as calm as I felt like I could. As it was that the guard did in fact let down his spear, all at the exact same time too.
As it was clear that he was in fact letting us pass, all at once. As it was that I then did in fact just seem to start to also go on ahead. And I heard the guards go on ahead and speak to one another, all at once.
"What does that mean? What's going on right now?" I did in fact seem to hear one say to the other. As it was that I did in fact not under stand as to just what it was that they were saying.
So I simply did in fact seem to ignore them for the time being. As it was that I did in fact just seem to keep my self as calm as I could. As it was that I then did in fact just seem to see that Tom was now taking the lead this time.
I did in fact go on ahead and start to follow him, all at once. Getting my mind off of what ever it was that had in fact happened to be. As it was that I then did in fact also seem to go on ahead and speak up to Tom, at that.
"What the hell was that about? Did I do some thing wrong?" I did in fact just seem to ask Tom. As it was that I was in fact a little bit worried and afraid of course, at that.
That the king might change his mind if I did some thing stupid. As it was that I did in fact just seem to gulp, as those thoughts went through my head. As it was that I did my best to act as calm as I felt like I could.
Just as soon as it was that I had in fact done as such a thing like that. Tom did in fact simply seem to keep his eyes on what was ahead of us. As it was that he still did in fact go right on ahead and start to speak back to me.
"Well... Apparently there is a rule where you can't run when your in the palace... Didn't know about it, so don't worry about it... There is more important matters at hand..." He did in fact just seem to say.
As it was that we all did in fact still seem to go and run together. As it was that we seemed to pass more guards that were a bit lost. As it was that I was in fact a little bit worried that they would stop us as well.
Luckily I was not worried that I had got us in to any trouble any more. So that at least made me feel better as we did in fact pass more and more guards. That did in fact look at us with strange looks on their faces as we passed by.
Just as it was that we had in fact gotten further up the stairs. And further down in to the palace, all at the exact same time as well. That was when it was that I also then began to start to speak to my self quietly.
"The dragons... This is about the dragons..." I did in fact just seem to say to my self. As it was that it did in fact seem to wake me up, all at the exact same time as well, as it was that I felt a whole lot more better.
Just as soon as it was that it had in fact done as such a thing like that. In the end, I then did in fact just seem to go on ahead. And I noticed that we were at the front of the throne room, all at the exact same time too.
I saw the guards running up on us with their spears out. Wondering as to why we were running through the palace for one thing. As I was sure that they were in fact worried for their king, all at the exact same time too.
Just as it was that we had in fact gotten up on them. That was when it was that I then did in fact seem to hear the voice of the king. As it was that he then did in fact just seem to walk in to the room with us.
"Settle down! Settle down! What is going on here?" He did in fact seem to say to the guards at first. As it was that he did in fact just seem to speak to them in their tongue.
But at the end of what it was that he had in fact just said. He did in fact seem to be speaking to us, as he spoke to us in our language. As it was that I did in fact seem to be a whole lot more calm as soon as it was the case.
As it was that I did in fact still seem to just stand there and stare. That was when it was that I then did in fact just seem to hear the voice of Tom. As it was that he went on ahead and began to go and speak up.
"Joseph... He has seen some thing... Perhaps a warning... Plyma was here... I mean... I vision of him at least..." He did in fact just seem to say to the king, all at once.
As it was that it was clear that he was in fact struggling over his words. As it was clear to me that the king was not all too sure as to just what it was that he had in fact even meant. As it was that I had realized that it was in fact the case, all at once.
Eventually I noticed that every one was now looking at me. As I was a little bit lost as to just what it was that was going on at first. That was until the king did in fact just seem to go and speak up to me, at that.
"Well... Joseph... What did you see? What is going on?" He did in fact just seem to say. As it was that he did in fact have his head tilted at me, just as soon as it was that he had in fact said what he had said.
Just as soon as it was that it had in fact just seemed to have been the case. That was when it was that I then did in fact just seem to go on ahead. And I then did in fact start to nod back to the king, all at once.
Just as it was that I had in fact done as such a thing like that. I then saw that every one had their eyes wide, as they waited. As it was that I eventually then did in fact go on ahead and start to speak up.
"Plyma... I saw him in the sky... He knows where we are at... I think he is coming for us..." I did in fact just seem to say, all at the exact same time as well, at that.
As it was that I did in fact just seem to have a very serious look on my face. Just as soon as it was that I had said what I had said to the king. As it was that the king did in fact just seem to be a bit surprised at first.
That was until the look of surprise did in fact turn in to anger. Which did in fact just seem to worry me a fair bit, all at once. As it was that I then did in fact go on ahead and begin to start to hear him speak back to me.
"You let the dragon see our city and know that you were here? Of course he is coming after us! He wants you dead! Damn it, you have doomed us all! I thought you were a mage!" He did in fact just seem to say.
As it was that I was a little bit scared as to just what it was that he had said. As it was that he seemed to be edging closer and closer to me. Almost as if it was that he was in fact going to try to take a swing at me, all at the exact same time too.
As it was that I seemed to continue to stare at the man. That was when it was that he then did in fact just seem to go and look away. As it was that I then did in fact realize that Tom was now going on ahead and speaking up.
"We don't know what any of this means just yet... But we should probably go ahead and evacuate the city..." He did in fact just seem to say, all at the exact same time too.
As it was that Tom did in fact have a very serious look on his face just as he had said that. I felt like he had a bit of a fair point on what he had said. But my mind seemed to be on some thing else right now, all at once.
It seemed like I was starting to peace some things together, at that. As I was now going on ahead and forming a plan in my head, all at once. As it was that it did in fact kind of make me smile as to just what I was thinking.
As it was that the king and Tom did in fact seem to stare each other down. That was when it was that I began go and speak up. As I made sure to get the both of their attentions on to me, all at once, at that.
"Wait... This might work... We are trying to work with the red dragons remember? Wouldn't it be better if we are in an open area so that the it's harder for the black dragons to catch us? The city is built for fire? We can use the buildings to our advantage..."