Chapter 55: Isn't That Bad (Joseph's PoV)

The conversation with the king had in fact gone well. As normally it felt like when you talked to a king. That they were going to be an evil and a very corrupt person.
He seemed to have a bit of an ego to him as I could tell. But that was all that I really seemed to see bad from him. As it was clear that he truly cared about the people of this city.
I did my best to keep my self as calm as I felt like I could. As I just seemed to stare at the ground, at that. As I also then went right on ahead and began to speak to my self softly.
"He cares about his whole nation... There is so much more to this world than even I can imagine..." I did in fact just seem to say to my self. As it was that I had my eyes wide, just as I had said that to my self.
I just seemed to stare out in to I don't even know what for some time. Before it was that I then began to hear the voice of Tom. As it was that he then did in fact just seem to start to step up and speak.
"Alright... Let's go get our selves some drinks then... That went well!" He did in fact just seem to say. As it was that he had a very big smile on his face, all at the exact same time too.
As it was that he had said as to just what he had said. It had managed to calm me down, none the less. As I felt like I couldn't help but to agree with what he had just said.
As it was that I seemed to stand there and stare at him. I also just seemed to go and nod back to him, as it was that I saw him look at me. As I then began to go and speak to him after I had done as such a thing.
"I don't think I want any drinks... No offense... I've got a bad history with all of that..." I did in fact just seem to say to him. As it was that I thought back to the bar, as well as how bad my father had in fact been.
I did my best to try to act as calm and as cool as I felt like I could. As it was that I saw that Tom had his eyes wide in some shock. As it was that he eventually did in fact just seem to blink his eyes a few times as well.
As it was that the both of us just seemed to continue to stare at one another. That was when it was that he then went on ahead and nodded back to me him self. As he also began to speak back to me shortly after that as well.
"Well... That is okay... We will not force you to... Don't worry..." He did in fact just seem to say to me. As it was that he did in fact roll his eyes at me, as he had said as such.
Though, I could still tell that he was in fact a little bit surprised by the response that I had. As it was that I simply did my best to ignore that. As it was that he just seemed to look at every one else.
As he made sure that we were all still looking at him. And that we were in fact all still paying attention to him, at that. As it was that he went on ahead and spoke to us, as he did in fact realize it was the case.
"Alright... Well... Joseph is going to sit this one out, but we are still all going to the bar... You can drink if you want to, or you can chose not to... This is a cheers for us winning..." He did in fact just seem to say.
As it was that he had a big smile on his face, at that. Just as soon as he had in fact said as to just what it was that he had said to us all. As just as he had in fact acted that kind of way as well, all of the sudden.
I then did in fact just seem to see that most of the others around me. That they did in fact kind of celebrate as to just what was going on. As it was that I then did in fact just seem to stand there and stare for some time.
As it was that we all then also began to start to walk. Which I did in fact do with the rest of them, not wanting to be left behind in this city. As it was that I then also began to start to hear the voice of Tyler by my side.
"Man... Joseph... I don't know about you... But I would drink every chance that you got... This world is awful!" He did in fact just seem to say. As it was clear that Tyler was telling me that he would use drinks to cope with the pain that he had.
Which was the same excuse that my father had used in a certain extent. As he always blamed my mother for making life hard. As it was that it never made all too much sense to me as to him using that excuse.
I got my mind and my focus off of all of that right away how ever. As it was that I just simply seemed to shake my head right back at Tyler. As I also began to go and speak back to him shortly after doing as such.
"It's just my past... Too much to explain right now... Let's just so money was not the reason we lost touch..." I did in fact just say to him. As I had a very serious look on my face, just as I had said that to him.
I saw that he seemed to be a little bit surprised by that response. As it was that I felt like it should not at all bother me at this point. As I felt like I should just leave it all in the past, and make sure to not make those same mistakes, at all.
As it was that I just seemed to continue to walk with the others. As it was that I did in fact just seem to see Tyler stand there a bit lost for a few moments. Before it was that he jogged to catch up with all of us.
Just as he had done as such a thing like that of course. I then did in fact begin to start to hear him go and speak up to me once again. Just as it was that he had done just a few moments before all of this.
"I never did... I just thought we lost each other... So we moved on..." He did in fact just seem to say. As it was that he had a little bit of a sad and a guilty look on his face, at that.
As it was that I just seemed to stare at him with my eyes wide. As I was a little bit lost as to why he was acting that sort of way. As it was that I eventually did in fact just seem to simply let out a little bit of a rough sigh.
As it was that I had in fact done as such a thing like that, all at once. I also then did in fact just seem to continue to go right on ahead. And I then did in fact go on and speak right back to my old friend, at that.
"Well... It isn't any thing to worry about now, is it? I mean we are talking again... Maybe not the reason that we would have wanted... Let's just leave in all behind us..." I did in fact just seem to say to him.
As it was that I did my best to try to keep my self as calm as I felt like I could, at that. As I knew that I had mainly said as to what I had said. Just to erase all of the bad memories that were going through my head.
As it was that I had in fact done as such a thing like that of course. In the end, I did in fact just seem to wake my self up quite a bit. As it was that I then did in fact just seem to breathe in quite a bit of a rough sigh.
I turned my focus and attention as to what was ahead of us. As it was that I did in fact just seem to start to hear the voice of Tom. As he just then did in fact seem to start to step up and speak to us all, at that.
"Alright every one! We are here! Drinks are on me! Just don't go too crazy! We still need to be ready for tomorrow!" He did in fact just seem to say. As he had a very serious look at what he had said at the end.
As he made sure that he didn't want any one to have a hang over. Or for any one to try to start a fight in a city that was not ours. As we were lucky that they had even let us in, in the very first place any ways, at that.
As it was that I had in fact just seemed to have continued to stare. In the end, I did in fact just seem to let out quite a bit of a rough sigh to my self. As I then did in fact also seem to hear the voice of Timothy.
"I don't under stand what we are celebrating? He just let us know we have a place to stay in the palace... He didn't say that they were going to help us yet..." He did in fact just seem to say, all at once.
As it was that he had his eyes wide, all at the exact same time too. As I felt like he did in fact have a little bit of a fair point on that. As it was that I went right on ahead and began to look right at Tom, just as before.
As it was that I had in fact continued to just stand there and stare at him for some time. In the end, I also then went right on ahead and began to let out a little bit of a rough sigh. As it was that it then seemed to be Zoe, who was the one to step up and speak.
"Well... That is step one, is it not? Clearly he is on our side... So why would be not celebrate? You have any other plans?" She did in fact just seem to say back to Timothy.
As she made sure that Timothy knew his place in the group. As it was that Timothy then did in fact just seem to dip his head low to the ground. As it was clear that he felt stupid as to just what he had said.
Which I felt like he was not at all dumb for asking that question. As it was that I looked right at Zoe, all at the exact same time as well. As I just seemed to hear Timothy mutter some thing out loud, all at once.
"No mam... I do not..." He did in fact just seem to say. As it was that I did in fact just seem to simply continue to stand there and stare for some time, all at once, at that.
As it was that I kind of also did my best to try to act as calm and as cool as I felt like I could in the mean time. Just as it was that I then did in fact just seem to do so. That was when it was that Tyler went on ahead and began to walk in to the bar with Tom.
Just as he had done as such a thing like that of course. I then did in fact just seem to start to see every one else do the same thing. As it was that I then did in fact just seem to let out a soft sigh as I saw it be that way.
As it was that me and Timothy did in fact just seem to be the last ones standing at the open door. I eventually decided that I was going to walk in to the bar. Though I knew that I was in fact not going to drink, all at the exact same time too, speaking to my self to remind my self.
"This isn't for me..." I did in fact just seem to say, all at once. As just as it was that I had in fact gotten in side to the bar, all at once. That was when it was that I then did in fact just seem to notice.
As the bar had seemed to have some noise from the out side. They now all did in fact just seem to start to go and be dead silent. As I noticed that every one was in fact staring at all of us, all at once.
As it was that it did in fact just seem to be the case, at that. I did in fact just seem to try my best to act as calm and as cool as I could. As it was that I then did in fact also just seem to calm my self down.
As it was that I had seemed to be as calm as I felt like I possibly could in fact be. That was when it was that I also just went right on ahead. And I then did in fact just seem to hear a voice from one of the men.
"What are these people doing here? These Italian men? Are they hear to invade us to?" I did in fact just seem to hear the man say. As though I did not under stand a single word as to just wht he had said.
I saw that the man was in fact angry, as he had his fist balled up. As it was fairly clear to me that the man was getting ready for a fight. Which it was also clear to me that none of us did in fact want as such a thing.
As it was that we all just seemed to continue to stare. As Tom did in fact just seem to go right on ahead him self, at that. And he went on and began to speak back to the man in the exact same language.
"We do not mean any harm... We are here to help you... We just want to get some drinks... Is that okay with you?" He did in fact just seem to say, all at the exact same time too.
As it was that he had in fact said as to just what it was that he had said. That was when it was that the same man went on ahead with his eyes squinted, all at once. And he then did in fact walk right in front of Tom.
He seemed to stare right in to his eyes for a few moments. Before it was that the man did in fact just seem to laugh, all at once. As he then smacked Toms shoulders, and spoke right back to him, at that.
"Well... That is fine with us! It has been a while since we've had any one come from out of the city!" He did in fact just seem to say. As it was that he did in fact have a cheerful tone of voice, just as he had said that.
As it was clear that all of us were in fact lost as to just what was going on. The man seemed to be going from upset to happy. As it was that I did in fact wonder as to just what it was that Tom had said.
I just seemed to stand there and stare for just a bit more time. Not all too sure as to just what it was that I should really do my self. As it was that Tom then went on ahead and turned his head on over towards us all.
Just as he had done as such a thing like that, all at once. He then began to speak in a language that all of us could in fact under stand. As we all did in fact listen as to what it was that he felt like he had to say right now.
"We are welcome! Go on ahead and get your drinks!" He did in fact just seem to say, all at once. As it was that every one that was with us in the group. They all did in fact just seem to smile just as he had said that.
As they then did in fact just seem to go and walk up to the bar. So that they could in fact get served their drinks, all at the exact same time too. As it was that I let out a rough sigh as I saw that it was the case.
I felt like I wanted to stay as far away from every one else as possible for the night. As I looked for an empty table, as there were a few laying around. As I saw that my group was just sitting at the bar.
As I seemed to sit down at one of the spare tables. I then did in fact also just seem to let out a bit of a soft sigh to my self this time. As I closed my eyes and then did in fact just seem to speak to my self quietly.
"I can't wait til this is all over with, and I can get some rest..." I did in fact just seem to tell my self. As it was that I knew that I was worn out. As the walking in the burning hot son had been very rough on me.
It had been worse than us going through the woods and the trees. As even though the slopes and up and down were quite rough. It was not as bad as the heat, and all of the sweating and exhaustion.
As it was that I had just seemed to have thought on that. I then did in fact just seem to start to go right on ahead all of the sudden. And I then began to start to hear the voices start to get a little bit louder in the room.
As I quickly opened my eyes and lifted my head up, a little bit worried. As I then stared at every one in the bar, all at once. Speaking to my self as I did as such a thing like that.
"What the hell is going on now?" I did in fact just seem to say. As my eyes were in fact wide. As it was that I did in fact just seem to stand there and stare for a little bit of some time.
As I noticed that every one seemed to be having a good time. As though we did in fact come from different nations as it seemed. It did in fact seem like we were in fact getting along, all at the exact same time too.
As it was that I had in fact realized that it was the case. I then did in fact just seem to simply let out quite a bit of a rough sigh to my self. As I then did in fact just seem to feel a whole lot better about it all.
I was about to go on ahead and dip my head to the ground. Just as it was that I had done before, all at the exact same time as well. As it was that I then did in fact just seem to hear foot steps on the other side of me, as I spoke to my self a little bit lost.
"Huh... What is going on?" I did in fact just seem to say. As it was that I knew that I had expected to be alone through all of this. As it was that I turned my head on over towards just who was coming my way.
As it was that I had in fact done as such a thing like that of course. I then did in fact just seem to notice that it was Zoe with a big smile on her face. As I kind of wondered if she was some how already drunk.
I knew that it did in fact not make any sense at all to me as to how. As I knew that no one could possibly get drunk in that short amount of time. Though the smile that she had, did in fact make me feel a little bit uncomfortable, all of the sudden.
As it was that she just seemed to draw closer to me, all at once. She then sat right beside me at the table, at that. As she then did in fact go on and speak to me after she had in fact done as such a thing like that.
"It's kind of lame that you won't join in on any of them fun you know?" She did in fact just seem to say. As it was that she did in fact let out a rough sigh as she had in fact said what she had said to me.
I kind of just seemed to look at her for quite a bit of some time. Before it was that I then looked behind her, at every one in the bar. As it was that it did in fact not seem to be fun or interesting at all to me, as to just what it was that was going on.
As it was that I continued to just stand there and stare for just a little bit longer, at that. That was when I then turned my head right back on over to Zoe, at that. As I then did in fact go right on ahead and simply speak back to her, at that.
"Well... My father was an abusive alcoholic, and I worked at a bar for a few years before all of this..." I did in fact just seem to say. As it was that I then did in fact just seem to let out a soft sigh to my self, at that.
As it was that I also then began to go right on ahead, at that. And I began to go and speak to my self a little bit under my breathe. As it was that I felt like it was useless to even explain any of that to her.
"Why do I even talk?" I did in fact just seem to say. As it was that I then did in fact just seem to dip my head a little bit low to the ground. As I did my best to just try to keep my self as calm as I felt like I could.
As it was that I had in fact done as such a thing like that of course. I also then did in fact just seem to notice all of the sudden. That Zoe did in fact seem to have a little bit of an understanding look on her face.
As it was that I seemed to notice that all of the sudden, and I felt a little bit lost as to that fact. That was when it was that I looked right back at her. As she then did in fact begin to speak to me shortly after that.
"Oh... I am sorry about that... My father used to be the same way... That's why I joined the legion... But you don't have to drink to get drunk... You can drink to have fun..." She did in fact just seem to say to me, all at once.
As the sad look on her face quickly went away, at that. As it was that I wondered if what she had said was in fact true. As it was that I knew that she was not one to lie, but that still felt a little bit too short.
As it was that I had in fact just seemed to have thought on that. That was when it was that I then did in fact just seem to notice her pull some thing up. As it was that I noticed that it was a bottle that she had in her hand.
As it was that I had realized as to just what she was doing. And I had in fact realized as to just what it was that she was getting at. That was when it was that I then did in fact just seem to speak  back to her.
"Oh no... Absolutely not... Sorry..." I did in fact just seem to say. As I did in fact just seem to shake my head at her all of the sudden. As it was that I did my best to try to keep my self as calm as I felt like I could.
Just as it was that I had in fact done as such a thing like that. I then gently pushed the bottle a little bit back towards her. As it was that her eyes grew wide, just as I had done as such a thing like that.
Just as it was that she had done as such a thing like that, all at once. That was when it was that she then seemed to look at me with a disappointed look. As it was that she also began to speak back to me, at that.
"Come on... This is a very rare drink... Just try a few sips..." She did in fact just seem to say to me. As she had a very serious look on her face, just as she had done as such a thing like that, all at the exact same time too.
As it was that I had done as such a thing like that, all at once. That was when I just seemed to stop pushing the drink back. As I felt like she was going to keep pushing it on me, all at the exact same time as well.
I figured I may as well just get all of this over with, all at once. As it was that I just then went right on ahead all of the sudden. And I then began to start to go and speak right back towards her, all at once.
"Fine... But just a few sips..." I did in fact just seem to say to her. As it was that she then did in fact just seem to have a very big smile on her face. Just as soon as it was that I had in fact said that to her, of course.
As it was that I had continued to stare at the woman, at that. That was when she then turned her head on over to some thing else. As it was that I saw her grab to glass cups that were in fact on the table.
As she had done as such a thing like that, all at once. That was when it was that I then did in fact just seem to start to go right on ahead. And I then did in fact just seem to start to see her pour a lot of the drink in to both of the cups, at that.
It almost looked like she was trying to get the both of us drunk. As my eyes just seemed to grow wide as she poured more and more in to mine. As it was that I quickly spoke to her, all at the exact same time too.
"Alright! That's enough! That is way more than a few sips!" I did in fact just seem to say to her. As it was that I then did in fact just seem to hear her laugh, all at once.
It kind of made me smile right back at her, all at once. As it was that it did in fact seem like we were already having a good time. As it was that I just seemed to relax my self as I kind of felt that kind of way.
As it was that I stared in to the beautiful ladies eyes for some more time. That was when it was that she rolled her eyes at me, at that. And she began to go and start to speak back to me, all of the sudden.
"Well... Take a few sips then... And tell me if you like it..." She did in fact just seem to say to me, all at the exact same time too. As it was that she then nodded to the cup, as she pushed it over to me, at that.
I just seemed to stare at the cup for a little bit more time. As it was that I did my best to drown out all of the thoughts of my father, at that. As I just then let out a very rough sigh to my self, as I also spoke to my self out loud, all at once, at that.
"Alright... Here goes nothing..." I did in fact just seem to say. As it was that I then did in fact begin to take the glass, at that. And I then began to take a few sips out of it, all at the exact same time too.
It didn't taste at all terrible, such as I had thought it would. But it did in fact not taste like some thing that I should be drinking. As I kind of winced at the after taste on my tongue, and in my mouth, at that.
As it was that I had in fact done as such a thing like that. I once again heard Zoe seem to laugh out loud, such as before, at that. As she then began to start to go and speak back to me, shortly after doing as such.
"So... How did it taste?" She did in fact just seem to say to me. As she seemed to be very interested in just how it was that I was going to respond to that question, at that.
I kind of just seemed to stare at the glass for a few more moments. As I waited for the taste to go away from my tongue, at that. Before it was that I then did in fact just seem to go on ahead and look back at her.
I just seemed to stare at her with a little bit of a smile on my own face. As it was that I then did in fact just seem to go on and speak back to her. Just as it was that I had seemed to be that way, none the less.
"Not going to lie... It taste like absolute shit..." I did in fact just seem to say, all at the exact same time too. As it was that the both of us just busted down in to laughter. Just as it was that I had said that back to her, none the less.
It was clear to me that at the very least, just as she had told me. The both of us were in fact having a great time with one another. Which I kind of felt like should in fact be making me feel a little bit uncomfortable.
As it was that I had continued to stand there and stare for just a little bit longer, at that. Zoe then did in fact also seem to roll her eyes back at me. As it was that she went on ahead and also began to speak back to me shortly after that all, all at once.
"Well... It is an acquired taste... You will like it the more you drink it..." She said right back on over to me. As it was that I looked at her with my eyes wide. As it was that she had in fact said that right back to me.
It was clear to me that she was expecting me, and also wanting me to take some more sips. In which I kind of felt like I was afraid to do as such a thing like that. As it was that I just then did in fact just seem to let out a little bit of a rough sigh.
As it was that I then did in fact also go right on ahead once again. And I then lifted up the glass, just as I had done before. And I began to pour a little bit of a bigger sip in to my mouth this time, all at once.
I was not sure if it was due to the bigger sip, or the acquired taste. But it didn't seem to taste quite as bad as it was that it seemed to be last time. As it was that I then did in fact just seem to start to speak out loud, all at once.
"You know... Maybe you aren't wrong Zoe... Maybe it isn't that bad..."