Book 2-- Chapter 4 Our House

Start from the beginning

“I’m not broken Dad, remember?” Jace saved him from answering.

“Are you ready to escape?” He asked. I nodded quickly. I loved my family, but this dress was heavy and I was tired.

“Well everyone I’m tired of sharing my bride so goodnight!” Jace yelled. Everyone laughed and we ducked out the door.

“Mommy!” Jack screamed. He was outside with my little cousins playing. He ran up to me and jumped. I barely caught him.

“I wanna go too!” He shouted.

“Jack, baby, you can’t go.” I sighed.

“Why not?” He asked. Tears formed in his eyes. I held him close and looked to Jace. He needed to handle this before I gave in.

“Jack, kids don’t go on honeymoons.” He said. Thanks Jace that was really helpful.

“Why not?” Jack whimpered.

“Because all they do is kiss the whole time!” My cousin Anna shouted. Jack pulled away.

“Ewwww,” He shouted. He jumped from my arms. He crossed his and glared at Jace.

“When will you come get me?” He asked.

“Today is Saturday so we’ll come and get you on Monday.” Jace said. Jack nodded.

“Promise?” He asked me. I knelt down and stuck out my pinky.

“Pinky promise,” I said.

“Good,” He smiled. He gave me a hug and ran off to play. Jace grabbed my hand and pulled me towards his car. Mine had been mysteriously kidnapped yesterday. Neither Jace nor Dad claimed to have anything to do with it.

Once in the car Jace whipped off his tie and tied it around my head.

“Jace, what are you doing?” I asked.

“It’s a surprise.” He answered.

“I hate surprises,” I muttered.

“Well you’ll love this one.” He whispered, kissing my cheek. He pulled out of the parking lot and turned left. That’s about as far as I got before I was completely clueless.

“When can I look?” I asked him. It had been about ten minutes.

“Not until I say you can.” He said. I scowled at him the best I could. The car rolled to a stop. Jace hopped out and came around to my side of the car. I left my heels on the seat as he pulled me out. He stood behind me, arms wrapped around my waist and his head resting on my shoulder.

“Open,” He said. I took off the blindfold. I gasped. The house that stood in front of us was two stories tall. The siding was grey with white shutters. The main door was huge and white. The house was surrounded by trees. Jace reached over my shoulder and put something in my hand. I looked at it, keys.

“This is our house?” I asked shocked.

“Yup, your dad knew the owners. He helped me get it relatively cheap and quickly. He helped me pick out the stuff too. You’re dad’s a surprisingly good decorator.” He laughed.

Jace swept me off my feet and carried me up the stairs. I unlocked the door. He pushed it open with his foot. The living room was in front of us. The kitchen behind it. Doors let off to other rooms. A staircase climbed up the back wall. That’s where Jace was heading.

I tried to climb down. “You’re not going anywhere missy.” He said. He climbed the stairs quickly. I was surprised he didn’t fall. “Close your eyes again,” He ordered, playfully. I sighed and closed my eyes. Jace walked quickly down the hall and opened a door. He walked across the room and dropped me. Onto a bed.

I opened my eyes and sat up. The bed sat in a lowered room. You had to climb down stairs to get to it. The floor was a gleaming white wood. One wall was made of glass looking out onto the forest and a hill just beyond it. The other walls were painted black except the wall behind the bed. It was painted black with a white bamboo design climbing the wall. Jace jumped down beside me.

“Do you like it?” He asked, kissing my neck. I nodded, no words would come out. This was my house, my room, my Jace.

“Emma helped me move all your clothes here,” He whispered, playing with the zipper on the back of my dress. I just smiled; I could believe all this was ours.

“Jack’s room is down the hall.” He said, tugging the zipper down. He ran his hand up and down my spine. I shivered. Goosebumps erupted across my skin. He’ll hurt you just like Mark did. My body warned me. No he wouldn’t this was Jace. He took his hand away.

“Are you ok?” He asked, concerned.

“Yes, I’m fine.” I whispered kissing him. I lay down on the bed pulling him with me.

Best night, ever.

****

Thank you all for reading! Don't forget to Comment&Vote&Fan!

Thanks for all the support!

---Madi :)