Chapter 63 - a Plan to Free Irese/A saint to me

Once Sonic met at the spot to meet up with Shine. They had a discussion regarding how to set Irese free. Shine then said, "Listen you need to find a way without harming Irese. He's my little brother." Sonic replied, "Look. It's gonna be tough but when the time comes I will set him free. He will bring a nightmaren with him. Probably stronger than the last one." Thats when Shine sighed deeply before he said, "You know? I dunno if it's my business but Witnessa has been watching you and the string one." Sonic was confused before he said with a shy expression, "You mean Knuckles? Why would she even have interest in that?" Sonic then added with a blush on his face, "But he has been more caring to me. That one time when I finished early, I collapsed near Tails place as I caught a fever, he saw me and took care of me." He thought of that night after that incident where Knuckles has been working too hard to pay Barker for the rent.

<flashback>

It was only 3:00 in the morning, Knuckles was sleeping soundly in Tails workshop with the lamp he won. He woke up as he heard a groan. The red echidna sighed and asked himself as he turned on the lamp, "Ugh. Now who in the world would be outside at this hour?" He went outside and looked around before he sees a familiar figure in his sights. His eyes widened in fright as he recognized Sonic 'who got back from protecting Nightopia early' coughed real hard as he collapsed onto the ground. Knuckles shouted Sonics name as he rush to him. He kneeled down in front of Sonic and asked in worry, "Are you alright?" Sonic finds it hard to breath to speak to his friend. He coughed and wheezed. That alone alarmed Knuckles immediately. He scooped the blue hedgehog into his arms and ran back in with him. Knuckles placed the blue hedgehog on the couch. Luckily his breathing was coming back. Knuckles then placed a spare blanket on the blue hedgehog. Knuckles mutters to Sonic as he placed a hand on his shoulder, "I'll take care of you until your better my lovely blue angel. One day, I'll confess my feelings to you. I just hope you feel the same way about me." When the next morning came, Sonic woke up with a wet rag on his forehead. Sonic sat up before looking at a bowl of soup next to a tray table. He look to see Knuckles asleep on the floor next to his lamp. He then whispered as he took the bowl of soup, "Did Knuckles do this?" He smiled at the red echidna and said, "He really has a caring heart."

<flashback ends>

Sonic sniffs as he said, "I miss NIGHTS but Knuckles really made me smile along with everyone else. Manic, Sonia, Tails, Rika, Grey-Sky, even Shawn and Boomer." Shine sighed and said, "Thats great but look we need to think of a plan to save my brother." Sonic then said as he came up with a plan on his own, "Listen I have a plan to free Irese but it won't be easy. I'll do what I can to defeat the Nightmaren and once I catch Irese off guard. I'll find another way to destroy the persona he has on, without getting Irese harmed." Shine then said as he had a saddened look, "Thanks Fast one. Please save my brother." Sonic nods before he said, "Listen go back to the dream world. I'll be there shortly." He speeds off as Shine went back to the dream world.