Chapter 15 - Pins and Needles

A/N: This Features the song: Pins and Needles by Birthday Massacre. Imagine how Sonic and Alya can sing it beautiful.

The night was as dark as it usually is when Sonic and Alya arrived to a clear valley and stopped there when they were doing their run.

Though when the clouds revealed the moon it shined on the ground like a flashlight.

Sonic then said with his hands on his hips, "Wow. I never actually paid attention to the night and I didn't need my aluminum-suit for this."

Alya giggled and said, "Well it gets better. Look."

The two looked to see fireflies coming out of a path with two flower fields from each side about to bloom under the moon.

Sonic said in amazement, "Whoa." Alya said happily, "I know. Ya know that dance back there was nice and all but I..."

Sonic finished her sentence, "...Ya wanna try a dance your comfortable with." Alya nodded and said, "Yeah and it also makes me wanna sing."

Sonic then said, "Makes me wanna do the same thing. Shall we?" Alya smiled and nodded before the two started dancing and singing.

Song starts:

Alya: Once a night the bedroom light. (She twists and twirls as she stopped and points to the moon.)

Sonic: Bleeds out from inside my window. (steps left, right, and center before twirling.)

Alya: Eyes white, I keep out of sight. (the fireflies glow as she reaches for the stars.)

Sonic: This city's just not pretty like it used to be. (looks at the village far away and shakes his head)

Alya: It's always a nightmare, it's never a dream. (Feels darkness surrounding her and places her hands on head as she closes her eyes)

Sonic: A promise we made to kill the days between. (takes her hands and smiles at her as she opened her eyes to see him. Both let go of their hands.)

Alya: They live in the heartbeat and sleep till the light is gone. (She takes his left hand with her right hand.)

Alya & Sonic: It's been so long! Feels like pins and needles in my heart So long. I can feel it tearing me apart. (Both spun around with their hands held before letting go and placing their hands where their hearts are. Though both closed their eyes and felt torn apart.)

Sonic: To the bed the left unsaid. (Lays on the ground  before he sat up.)

Alya: Crawl in from outside my window. (Helps him up.)

Sonic: Hands red and cold as the dead. (looks at his as if blood was on them but yet despite the gloves they felt cold as death.)

Alya: A pity they're not pretty like they used to be. (Alya looks at him with sad eyes as she twirls.)

Sonic: It's always a nightmare, it's never a dream. (Sonic had tears in his eyes as he looked down and thought about 'that day')

Alya: A promise we made to kill the days between. (Alya took his hands as he opens his eyes and sees her smile.)

Sonic: They live in the heartbeat and sleep till the light is gone. (He smiled as if his troubles were gone but they were still there.)

Both: It's been so long! Feels like pins and needles in my heart. So long! I can feel it tearing me apart. (Both spun around with their hands held again while feeling happy. before letting go and placing their hands where their hearts are. Though both closed their eyes and felt torn apart.)

Alya and Sonic: It's never a whisper, it's always a scream. A promise we made to kill the time between. They live in the heartbeat and sleep till the light is gone. (Both Alya and Sonic held felt their hands as they smiled. Then as the flowers began to bloom in the moonlight. That's when they decide it's time to run again.)

Alya and Sonic: It's been so long! Feels like pins and needles in my heart. So long! I can feel it tearing me apart. (They ran again and one by one a night flower bloomed every time they run passed one after another. While more fireflies flowed and came out of the green grass.)

The song ends:

When the two stopped and fell on the grass playfully, they laughed happily. Sonic then said, "Oh man Alya. You are truly one awesome friend. Like I said I promise I will help you remember."

Alya smiled and said as she sat up, "Thank you so much Sonic. I appreciate it." Both chuckled before hearing footsteps from behind. Turns out it was Manic.

Manic then chuckled and said, "I thought I find you two here."

Sonic asked, "What's up? Bored of the party too big brother?"

Manic replied, "Yeah my bro. That and I got tired of Shawn's smug grin. So let's head back to the inn. Grey-Sky and Rika already left early."

Sonic and Alya shrugged and walked to the inn with Manic. During the walk home Manic told Sonic that Sonia stayed there for a reason.

Sonic asked, "So why is Sonia still there?" Manic replied, "She said she was waiting for her new lover."

Alya and Sonic asked, "Really? Who's he?" Manic shrugged and said, "No one knows dude."

Manic whispered to Sonic so low so Alya wouldn't hear, "Don't forget you got some Nightmaren slaying to do bro."

Sonic nodded before he said, "Ya know guys. Believe it or not but I coulda sworn I seen Silver at the party." Manic asked, "The white dude with the psychic powers?"

Sonic nodded before Manic said as they reached the inn, "Now that you mention it dude. I coulda sworn I did too."

Alya said, "I dunno who that is but hey. How about we do something fun tomorrow." Sonic and Manic agreed as the three laughed.