Chapter 11 - Looking back to the first tear

Knuckles couldn't tell what is more worrisome. Sonic being sad when no one is looking or things starting to get weird.

Knuckles was walking to Mikes house, hoping he would shed some light on Sonics recently being sad.

Knuckles said to himself, "I don't know what is wrong with Sonic. He's been like that since the night after Dreamcaster and Eggman were defeated. But still... I kept assuming Sonic has been sad cause I've been mean, bragged, and every bad thing I have done. But it's not just that. I have realized it was more than that."

He stopped and said to himself as he looked down, "Why are you acting like this Sonic? I wanna help you."

He then looked up and sees Mikes house. When he stopped at the door way he knocked on the door.

JJ answered the door and said, "Oh hey dude. Catching another movie with Dad?"

Knuckles shook his head and said, "Not this time. I'm kinda here to see if any of you can tell me something."

JJ raised a brow and said, "Dad Knuckles is here."

Mike came to the door and said, "Hi Knuckles. What's goin on?"

JJ replied to him, "He's said he's here to see if all three of us can tell him something."

Denise then butted in, "Tell him what?"

Both JJ and Mike shrugged. Denise then said, "Come on in Knuckles. But make it quick. Dad and I gotta make a quick trip to the store for family night."

Mike said nicely, "Denise my banana muffin. There's no need to rush. We just need to know what's on Knuckles mind."

Denise nodded in agreement as JJ indicates him to come on in.

Knuckles didn't know what it means but he shrugged and came in.

No more than 5 seconds later, Knuckles sat down and sighed. Mike then asked, "So what do you wanna talk about?"

Denise then asked, "Yeah Knuckles. What's on your mind??"

The red echidna looked down with worry before he said to the three, "Well... I wanna ask you three a question. I'm really worried about Sonic. Do any of you know what's wrong with him?"

Mike and the two looked at each other before he replied as they turn to Knuckles, "I don't know what you mean Knuckles. Why? Is he having problems?"

Knuckles nodded slowly before he asked, "Do any of you know whys he's acting... Off?"

Mike replied with a confused look, "Sadly no. I woulda noticed. Neither me or Denise haven't noticed it but JJ overheard one thing from the mayor and his big brother talking."

Knuckles then asked, "So what is it JJ?! What's wrong with Sonic?!"

JJ sighed and said, "unfortunately I dunno but if this helps ya it may give you a clue. I overheard the mayor and Sonics older twin brother talking for a short time... Something about an old friend of Sonics getting hurt? I dunno I just minded my own business."

Knuckles raised a brow and ask, "An old friend? Who's that?"

Mike shrugged as Denise said, "No one knows. Whoever it is must be really important to Sonic. But how long have you notice Sonic's sadness?"