Chapter 17 - A 'Proper' Backstory

A/N: This chapter involves the song Dollhouse by: Melanie Martinez. Plus I censored it a bit.

Meanwhile in the Alternate Dimension:

After the recital Alternate-Sonic walks to the dressing room. While there he looks in the mirror and thinks about Reala.

With a worried expression Alternate-Sonic thought, "Reala. I can't let anyone else get hurt like you do. It's a real scary thing to think about. I know I shouldn't keep secrets. It's rude." Thats when he heard the door opened as Alternate-Sonic turned and was about to use his martial arts but sees it was Alternate-Knuckles 'who was going to congratulate him for his recital.'

Alternate-Sonic composed himself and said, "Oh. It's just you. Don't ever scare me like that Knuckles. You shouldn't come into doorways unannounced or lurking around entrances, it's really rude."

Alternate-Knuckles replied, "My apologies Sonic. I was here to congratulate you on your magnificent recital."

Alternate-Sonic asked, "So you stayed for it? I never thought you would be interested in that sort of thing. Let alone involving me."

Alternate-Knuckles shrugged and said, "Well your soothing violin playing are like that of soothing ocean waves crashing softly on the beach."

Alternate-Sonic blushed and said, "Oh thank you. I've been practicing with my big brother since I was a small boy. My arrogant and edgy big sister. Not so much."

Alternate-Knuckles sat down and asked, "That bad isn't it? Sonic my friend. I'm still surprised about the real you and the whole act of yours being all clumsy and all was convincing."

Alternate-Sonic replied, "Well I'll tell you a bit of my real life if you promise not to tell anybody else about the real me. If they find out I would be embarrassed."

Alternate-Knuckles thought about it for a moment before he said, "I promise to keep it a secret. Your secret is safe as the jewel locked in a hidden temple within."

Alternate-Sonic smiled a little before he said, "Well I'll tell you a bit of my life. It all began when I was just a boy. It happened way before I met all of you."

<flashback of the past as the music starts>

In a European style mansion Young Alternate-Sonic and Young Alternate-Manic were in their proper wear and walking around the house.  Though Young-Alternate-Sonia was behind them.

Young-Alternate-Sonic: Hey, all, open the walls, play with your dolls. We'll be a perfect family. (Young Alternate-Sonic walks around the house with Young Alternate-Manic as the maids open the curtains and people are getting ready for the family routine.)

Young-Alternate-Manic: When you walk away is when we really play. (The two boys start their routines, activities, and daily civic duties.)

Young-Alternate-Sonia: You don't hear me when I say... "Mom, please wake up. Dad's with a witch, and your sons make me wanna twitch." (Tries to tell her mother who was awake that her Dad was messing around with a maid that was rumored to be a witch and her two boys won't stop doing their routing. But her Mother pets her head with a smile and says she's being silly.)