Chapter 19 - Knuckles realized his love for Sonic part 1/2

More than a few days have passed and Knuckles was at Mikes house once again feeling down but slightly jealous at Alya stealing Sonic away from him.

JJ walked in and said, "Dude the more you think about Sonics hidden despair, the more concern you get for him. Plus your jealousy will not lead ya to a good path. I dunno about you, Knuckles but something tells me Sonics gotten himself involved in a situation that he got involved in himself."

Denise asked as she set the coffee table with cookies and tea, "Ya think it involves his friend big brother?"

Mike asked the same question, "Yeah son ya think it involves he or she?"

JJ sighed and said, "Somehow yes. Sadly I dunno who or what this friend of his is nor do I have any information about him or her, name, face, description, or whether it be a boy or girl. Not one piece of information. He wouldn't even tell me cause he didn't wanna talk about it."

Knuckles sighed in disappointment and said, "I shouldn't be surprised. He keeps telling me he's fine. But I know deep down that he isn't."

JJ then said, "Say Knuckles? About what I said about 'you first started to care about him after he got those horrible scratch-marks' thing. We have been meeting to ask ya."

Mike asked the question, "How did Sonic get those scratch marks?"

Knuckles answered, "I dunno. But it happened during the whole 'weird noise when Sonic runs' incident. After he sped off, Eggman left right away, just to battle us again when he came back again. We started volley ball without him. But I hit the ball too hard and didn't see him until I heard him grunt and saw him lay with half of his body on the porch. That's when I ran to him and the ball."

<flashback>

Just after Knuckles sees the ball was next to Sonic he ran to it.

He picked it up and said, "Sorry we started the game without you. We were ju..."

He gasped and trailed off as he sees Sonic, covered in scratch marks and the shoes Eggman gave him to stop the noise were gone.

Though Knuckles was more shocked at Sonics injuries. Knuckles asked in sympathy, "Sonic...What happened to you?"

Sonic muttered, "I'm fin...AHHH!" He looked to see an unusual orange snake had bit him in the left leg and then bit him in the right leg.

Sonic heavily breathed as the snake bites were undoubtedly hurting. Knuckles looked at it and said as he try to shew the slithering reptile away, "Get! Get outta here you slithering monster. Shew! Go away."

The snake took one look at him before slithering away.

Knuckles then turn to Sonic and said as he kneeled down and asked, "Are you alright?" Sonic tried to get up but only to find, he can't get up.

Sonic screamed in fright, seeing he can't get up. Sonic stuttered, "T-that snake must've paralyzed my legs. NNOO!"

Knuckles felt bad and sees how vulnerable Sonic is, having his legs paralyzed by two snake bites. That's when he sees his scratch marks starting to bleed, it caused Knuckles to panic and picked him up and got him to the clinic.