Chapter 29 - Willing to risk everything for NIGHTS/Reala

A/N: this chapter involves a song called: Taking over me By Evanescence. Hope you enjoy it.

Just after meeting with the guardians and Wizelight, Sonic decided to get to the alter where NIGHTS sleeping form was still at.

It didn't take long for Sonic to walk up the stairs and walk to where the sleeping nightmaren was at.

Sonic placed a hand on the glass and whispered in tears, "I'm so sorry... I shoulda been faster to save you. But I won't back down on my promise NIGHTS. I won't let you down.."

He began breaking down, crying as he said, "Oh NIGHTS. Everyone in Nightopia misses you.. I miss you. I'm willing to do anything for my friends. Even you. I'm willing to risk it all." Thats when he started to sing:

Sonic: You don't remember me but I... (Looks down in guilt as he turns away from the glass containing NIGHTS.)  ...remember you. (Turns back towards NIGHTS.)

Sonic: I lie awake and try so hard not to think of you (He thought of how he shoulda forgotten all that but he couldn't and he made a promise to her.) But who can decide what they dream? (Questions himself as he placed a hand on his heart and closed his eyes.)... And dream I do. (Opens his eyes immediately with determination)

Sonic: I believe in you (places his hand on the glass while looking at his slumbering friend). I'll give up everything just to find you (He closed his eyes in tears as he indicated how he is willing to give everything.)  I have to be with you. (An image of Alya appeared in head head for two second.) To live (he has to keep living), to breathe (he has to keep breathing.) You're taking over me!! (Feeling strong but the guilt is taking over him)

In the alternate dimension:

Alternate-Sonic: Have you forgotten all I know
And all we had? (At the alter where Reala's sleeping form is in and questioned himself). You saw me mourning my love for you. (He recalled Alternate-Knuckles trying to comfort him.) ...And touched my hand (feeling Alternate-Knuckles hand on his.)
I knew you loved me then. (Feeling Alternate-Knuckles loves him but shook his head as he looked at Reala's sleeping form.)

Alternate-Sonic: I believe in you. (Looks at Reala's sleeping form in the glass.) I'll give up everything just to find you. (Feeling and willingly to quit the team.) I have to be with you (an image of Avery popped into his head for two seconds.)
To live (he has to keep living), to breathe (he has to keep breathing.) You're taking over me!! (Feeling strong but the guilt is taking over him)

Both singing in two separate dimensions:

Sonic and Alternate-Sonic: I look in the mirror and see your face (looking at the face in the small puddle of tears, and looked to see NIGHTS and Reala in different puddles.) If I look deep enough (the image fade and it now showed both Sonics.) So many things inside that just like you are taking over!! (Feeling their guilt getting stronger as they screamed)

Sonic and Alternate-Sonic: I believe in you... (both looked at NIGHTS and Reala's sleeping form) I'll give up everything just to find you. (Both are willing to give up everything)  I have to be with you (the two images of Alya and Avery appeared in their heads for two seconds as they closed their eyes.)
To live (he has to keep living), to breathe (he has to keep breathing.) You're taking over me!! (Feeling strong but the most horrible guilt is taking over them) I believe in you (both turn to the sleeping forms again.) I'll give up everything just to find you (they placed a hand on the glass.)  I have to be with you (the two images of Alya and Avery appeared in their heads for two seconds as once again felt sad.) To live (he has to keep living), to breathe (he has to keep breathing.)
You're taking over me! (screamed while looking at the roof of the alter.)

Alternate-Sonic: taking over me.

Sonic: You're taking over me

Alternate-Sonic: taking over me

Sonic: Taking over me (both heads landed on the glass as tears str was n down their faces.)

The song was finished.

Sonic stood up before he was met by a familiar voice, "Hey Sonic?"

Sonic looks to see Wizelight who was concerned for him. That's when Wizelight said, "Listen it's almost dawn. You may wanna get back to your dimension before someone notices."

Sonic nodded and said, "Your right I must've been here too long." He sped off as Shine said, "Man I wish I had speed."

Wizelight replied as he turns to him, "Well I coulda given you when I created you." Shine shrugged and said, "Well then... hopefully tomorrow night there won't be another bigger nightmaren. Besides Mallaura's Nightmarens are more scarier and different than Wizemans. If anything there might be something horrible than Queen Bella."

Wizelight nodded as he looked at the sleeping NIGHTS and whispered, "We will do what we can for you to be protected my dear."

Later and meanwhile:

Sonic looked to see it was almost morning before he  got to the door and closed it as he went back to bed.

Manic looked at him with deeply concern eyes. He himself thought this was getting a little more complicated and horrible, "We only have 12 weeks until it happens. This is getting and truly worrisome. But knowing Sonic. He rather us be safe. I maybe older and protect my siblings but Sonic does the same for me and everyone else."

Manic then stopped and sat down by his bed side. He then pets Sonics head and whispered, "I know you will do amazing bro. NIGHTS woulda been proud." Sonic smiled in his sleep as he heard that but it still cannot fix Sonics heart.

Meanwhile at the other dimension:

Alternate-Sonic came back to the house as dawn approaches the doorstep as he sighed.

That's when Alternate-Sonia walked to him and said, "Hey baby bro. Still no luck huh?"

Alternate-Sonic shook his head and said, "Afraid there is no luck at all. Reala is still asleep." Alternate-Manic walked to him and said, "Never give up hope Sonic. Remember Reala and the others in nightopia are counting on you too. It won't do any good if you give up hope. Now go get some sleep dear brother."

Alternate-Sonic replied, "Okay Manic. If any other of the team asks where I am. Tell them I'm sick in bed if you may."

Alternate-Manic nodded and said with sympathy in his expression, "That I can do for you brother dearest."

Alternate-Sonic walked to bed as Alternate-Sonia walked inside with him. Alternate-Manic then looked at the sky and said to himself, "The eclipse is undoubtably terrifying. I know Sonic will do it."