Chapter 42 - Sonia and Shadow in love

A/N: For those of you who ship Sonia and Shadow. Prepare for the most lovely Shadonia ship moment ever. Also this chapter involves Evan-Rachel Wood and Alan Cumming Strange magic from the movie Strange Magic.

Sonia then explained, "It began just after this whole anomaly thing was over. I was walking around the village when..."

<flashback>
Sonia walked alone in the village, hoping she wouldn't run into Mark The Tapir.

She said to herself, "I don't wanna imagine what would happen if my brothers found out." She sighed and looked around, without paying attention.

That's when she bumped into Shadow who had to speed across the village. The two of them landed on their tails as they grunted.

Shadow scoffed and said, "Hey watch where you're going." He then looked at her and said, "I know you. Your Sonics older sister aren't you?"

Sonia took one look at him and said, "Your that... That ultimate life form aren't you?"

Shadow scoffed and again and said, "Shoulda been obvious to a girl like you. Especially for a princess." Sonia asked, "How did you know?"

Shadow replied with a huffed softly, "I know who Sonic really is and I also listen to his and his parents little talk. If he thinks that I don't know then he's wrong."

Sonia stood up before she offered Shadow a hand and said, "Well I ain't leaving you sit on the dirt."

Shadow asked, "Is this suppose to be your pity?" Sonia shook her head just after he asked that. She then said, "No. I'm just trying to be kind. I don't know why you hate my little brother but...It doesn't mean I can leave you. Sonic, Manic, and I haft to be nice or take pity on villains. But I'm not the one to take pity."

Shadow looked into Sonia's glistening and kind eyes. They reminded him so much of Maria's.

Shadow simply thought as he gazed into his eyes, "Maria..." Sonia asked as she noticed it, "What's wrong?"

Shadow shook his head back to reality before he took her hand and Sonia hoisted him up. Though as a result she fell into his arms.

Sonia pushed herself away just after the two looked into each other's eyes again, while she was still in his arms.

Sonia said as she stuttered, "S-Sorry about that." Thats when Shadow unlikely hesitated before he said, "H-hey. Can we talk?"

Sonia noticed that look again and said, "Uhhh. Okay. What's wrong?" Thats when Shadow grabbed her hand and said, "We uhh. May need to go somewhere private."

Sonia understood as she nodded. Shadow teleported with Sonia holding his hand. They teleported to the cliffs of the canyon.

Both sat down as Shadow sighs. Sonia then asked, "What's on your mind? I don't know much about you but I can tell. You've lost something or someone. Haven't you?" Shadow hesitated before he nodded. Shadow thought to himself, "I can't believe I did that. But she's a lot more different than her brothers.

She may or may not understand." Thats when Shadow took a deep breath and said, "I was created by Eggmans grandfather in space colony ark. A long time ago. Although... His granddaughter, Maria was the only friend I had on that place. We were planning on going to earth together but fate had different plans. G.U.N. Soldiers came to Space colony ark and had to dispose everything and they even shot Maria. That was the last time I saw her."