Chapter 45 - Fiona's talk with Sonic

Just after lunch was finished Sonic sat down on the bench alone.

That's when Fiona sat next to him and said, "Listen Sonic... I'm happy your giving me a chance but... I have questions I don't understand."

Sonic replied, "Ask away Fiona." The former bad girl said as she had a sad expression, "What happened to the freedom fighters? Aren't you still intact with them?"

Sonic took a second to reply with sigh without looking at her, "They disbanded after Eggman's last attempt to take over the kingdom. Roder went to Avent-city to be a mechanic, Bunny left to watch over her sister and mother, Antoine joined up with several aristocrats and probably doing updates at the Casino Park, and as for Sally. She and I are no longer interested in each other. We remain as good friends and that's it. Several other freedom fighters we have just lived on having normal lives."

Fiona said as she looked down, "I see. But how come Eggman..."

She trailed off as Sonic replied, still not looking at her with a sigh, "Eggman forgot who I really am after his last attempt to take over the kingdom. I couldn't just bring up who I really am now Fiona. He only remembers me as a hero, he's not gonna remember I am the youngest prince of Mobius. That's why I had to keep it a secret from the village. The moment he remembers who I really am, he will try to take over the kingdom once again. I can't allow that happen again. It's also the reason why we postpone Manics coronation. We cannot risk it and it has to be postpone until Eggman is finished. Permanently."

Fiona didn't know what to say about it. It confirmed that it made her not know what to say as she asked, "Y-You mean like... Dead?"

Sonic nodded and said, "Yeah. While the time is waiting. We are enjoying our days where I can have fun like everyone else. Before my team and friends, I hung out with my two siblings, my childhood friends, and my brothers two friends. But I started hanging out with Tails and the others more and more often. But since my siblings and the others are here. I've been spending time with them again. As if fate wants me to stay where I belong. But it is where I belong. I don't belong here Fiona. I... I promised her I defend her world from falling into darkness. They aim for our world to take our ideya since Wizelight sealed off the human world from the world of dreams."

Fiona then said with a sad expression, "Sonic Shawn told me everything. I know you blame yourself for what happened to your friend. But you have a battle against Eggman every day and possibly night. What in the world made you think you can do both battle?"

Sonic took a moment until he said, "Its part of the reason why I'm more tired. Even though I don't show it. Not to my 'team' at least."

Fiona replied, "I see. I feel really bad for you." Sonic asked, "Why?" Fiona answered, "You did so much for this village and they don't give you one ounce of sympathy until they cheered for you."

Sonic sighed and said, "True but they ain't as appreciative as the people at Mobius." Thats when Fiona said as Shawn walk to her, "Sonic. This is gonna seem a little bit off but. Why kill Eggman when the time is right? Shouldn't you wait til he's changed or something?"

Sonic replied as he sat up, "He'll never change. Think about it. He'll keep battling me and trying to success his evil schemes but fail. He won't learn a thing ever. We have no choice besides there's no hope. If it gets to that point I'll haft to end it." Fiona looked down as Shawn wrapped his arms around her.

Fiona simply said, "Sonic. I understand." Sonic looked at her and nodded.

Before Sonic can leave Shawn said, "Just a moment there Mini-Manic." Sonic turn to them as Shawn said, "Just a heads up, Wizelight said there will be one unexpected storm in each week when it hits the 11 weeks."

Sonic was about to say something but he then realized and said, "Wait. We have 11 weeks left. But there's no sign of a unexpected storm." Fiona looked at the clouds and said as she pointed at them, "I think that's unexpected storm."

Sonic looked to see some giant dark rain clouds and hears the most loud thunder. While the lighting strikes appeared.

Sonic sees the silhouette of a Nightmaren and hears an echo of evil female laughter. Sonic muttered as he had a serious look, "Passioneta."

Thats when Sonic said without turning, "Shawn! Fiona! Get back to the inn immediately." Shawn and Fiona both said, "Right away."

Both rushed to the inn as Sonic looked at the clouds covering the entire sky with its dark black clouds. Sonic muttered under his breath, "I cannot let anyone have their ideya stolen."

Thats when Sonic turned into his nightopia warrior form and flew into the clouds.