Chapter 18 - return to the old band

A/N: this chapter involves hey brother by Avicii enjoy.

Two days later. Sonic returned to the inn tired and exhausted from another battle against the nightmarens.

Sonia looked to see him and said, "Well welcome back little brother."

Sonic sighed deeply and said as he collapsed onto the lobby couch, "Sonia. Last nights battle towards the Nightmarens was intense." Thats when Manic came in and asked, "How's that?"

Sonic sighed and said, "Let's just say I had to take on a hoard of Nightmarens that bore so much resemblance to that ancient three headed giant dog, Cerberus. It was not easy."

Sonia then said as she thought about it, "Ya know Sonic. The battle for the night dimension gets more intense once every 5 or 7 days. Is there any update on NIGHTS?"

Sonic heavily breathed and said, "No. still nothing. She's still asleep."

Sonia sighed and said, "I was afraid you were gonna say that."

Sonic sighed deeply as he said, "It's gonna take a long while." Sonia said as she wrapped an arm around her brother, "It will be alright little brother. She'll wake up. We just need to be patient. Just a little bit longer."

Sonic sighed and said, "Your right... Just a bit longer." Thats when Sonic stood up and said, "I better get going. I got another a stupid meeting at Meh burger... Again. I swear I wanna get away from it all."

Sonic sped off as Sonia said, "I know your pain Sonic."

Later when Sonic arrived at Meh burger things got intense. Tails asked in a stern tone, "Where were you? We had another concert at town-hall and we had to start without you." Sonic shockingly said, "What?! I wasn't told."

Knuckles said, "Thats my fault. I forgotten to tell you." Sonic had a tired look on his face before he yawned and stretched.

Knuckles asked, "Did you have a rough night last night?" Sonic replied with the same tired expression, "Yeah. I wasn't sleeping very well." Before Knuckles can reply Tails said, "Sonic I don't care if you had a rough sleep you shoulda been at the concert."

Knuckles told Tails, "But I didn't tell him Tails. He was with that 'girl'."

Tails didn't listen to him as Sonic raised a brow. Tails then said something he regrets instantly, "Sonic I am so enraged that we almost got booed at! YOU'RE OUT OF THE BAND!"

Knuckles and Sonic gasped. Sonic looked upset and was about to cry.

Realizing what he said Tails regretted it. Before he could apologize Sonic sped off. Knuckles reached his hand and was about to say something but Sonic was nowhere in sight.

Knuckles glared at Tails and simply said, "Not cool Tails." The young two-tailed fox was so ashamed as

Knuckles said, "Did you even listen to what I was saying? I forgot to tell him! He was with that 'girl' he had spend his time with lately."

Tails sighed and said, "I guess I was a little harsh." Knuckles asked in a stern tone, "Ya think?" Tails looked down as Knuckles sighed and went to look for him.