Chapter 7 - It all began

Manic waited at the dream gate for what felt like a whole night. That's when Sonic appeared and said, "Sorry I'm late. Jackal wouldn't stop annoying me." Manic replied, "It's fine. So anyway. What happened? What made you get involved in the first place?"

Sonic then took a deep breath and said, "It's been hard. But since your concerned. I'll tell you big bro and I'll also tell the others as well in the morning. I had a nightmare about NIGHTS getting hurt and but It all began just after I walked off from the tv station where Sticks dragged me to in the night."

<flashback of the night of dreamcaster was first sighted>

Just after Sonic left Sticks he walked back to the shack. But during the walk he had a chill up his spine.

He felt like someone or something was watching him. Sonic shouted, "Hello? Who's there?"

Sonic shrugged it off before he resumed walking. But that's when he heard something snap. He stop at his tracks and said, "Sticks is that you?! This is not funny!"

Sonic looked around before he looked behind quickly when a swift wind whipped him like a hit in the back. Sonic muttered in fright, "I-I better get out of here."

Before Sonic could take a step he was attacked by a wolf. Sonic let out a scream. The wolf pinned the blue hedgehog and bit him on the left shoulder. Sonic let out a scream of pain before he tried to get free.

He kicked the wolf off of him and held his shoulder where the wolf bit him. The wolf ran off into the woods before Sonic had a chance to look at it. Sonic asked himself, "What kind of wolf was that?"

Then he noticed the crimson light in his hands. He recognized it as the ideya of courage.

Sonic said as he was surprised, "The ideya of courage. It's shining more bright than it usually does." Later in the day just after Sticks said she will prove she wasn't crazy. Knuckles noticed the bite mark on Sonics shoulder and asked, "Sonic what happened to your shoulder?"

Sticks then asked, "Come to think of it. I heard you scream last night." Sonic replied in a tired tone, "A wolf bit me. Nothing personal."

Knuckles took a look at it and asked, "Did you get a glimpse at what the wolf looked like?" Sonic replied, "No. it ran off before I gotta chance to look at its features. Though there was something familiar about it. I just don't know what. Look don't bother I'll be fine it was just a bite."

Knuckles sighs and said as he looks at it closer, "Oh hush Sonic. Geez I don't know if that wolf had any kind of illness but it's a miracle this bite isn't infected. Take it easy on yourself okay Sonic? I worry about you."

Sonic raised a brow and said, "You worried about me? I..."

he trailed off seeing Knuckles this close to his face. It made Sonics heart race for some odd reason. He didn't know what at the time.

Sonic said, "Umm...Knux? Why are you this close to my face?"

Knuckles replied, "I don't know. Why am I close to your face?"

Knuckles realized he actually was before he turned away and blushed. Sonic raised a brow before he sighed and held his bite mark.