Chapter 16 - A shocking reunion

Meanwhile at the party.

Knuckles still felt so jealous cause Alya asked Sonic to dance.

But it went away once he sighed and remind himself that Sonic wasn't feeling alright. Though recalling Sonics smiling face when he giggled at the clumsy moment he had.

The red echidna sighed and thought as he thought about that moment, "Guess it wasn't so bad. It was the first time in a while I saw Sonic smile. But I can still sense that heavy load of sadness in him. It's a shame he left early with that...Girl. When she's not around I'll be able to see that smile once again. Whatever is troubling him. His possible wound is actually deeper than a hole on the ground. What coulda caused him to act so sad with no one but me noticing? I know it's not just the times where he has trouble in the village or that unknown friend of his but it must be something else."

He just sighed and closed his eyes. On top the Upstairs hallway two well dressed civilians was gifted with a bottle of fruit cocktail from one of the villagers.

The villager then said as he turned to Amy and Sticks who were surrounded by upset guests, "Hmm. Wonder what's the fuss is about this time?"

Amy (who was wearing a nice red formal dress with flowers on it and matching heals. With her short hair up on a ponytail.) tried to reason with them as much while keeping Sticks (who was wearing a black dress that goes down to her knees with matching heals) from attacking. One of the well dressed civilians said, "Why Blie-me isn't that...?"

The second well dressed civilian said, "Well isn't this a surprise?"

Amy then said, "Look we're not causing trouble or anything we are just here to have a good time in a proper way."

That's when a strict young and proper raccoon said, "Well you better keep that beast on a leash young lady. She made several of the guests really uncomfortable."

Amy said in anger, "Hey. That beast is my best friend!"

All of a sudden a whistle got their attention. Lady Walrus asked as she turned, "What's the meaning of this!?"

One of the dressed civilians said, "these ladies are with us. Now stop it mate. It ain't nice picking on ladies."

One of the gentlemen was gonna protested but Lady Walrus said, "Ya know he has a point. It's rude to not be nice. This is a formal party after all."

The upset guests proceed to go on with their business. That's when Amy and Sticks heard that familiar voice from the well dressed civilian, "Well. Did not expect my enemy and my fiancé to be here at this party. I woulda had a dance with ya if I knew you be here looking all beautiful."

Sticks and Amy looked up to see one of the well dressed civilians was Fang The bounty hunter (also known as Nack The Weasel).

Fang said, "Been a while my darling."

Amy said, "Fang? Ugh! Gross. I'm not into you." Sticks did a small throat laugh and said, "Nice joke mate but sadly for you mate. It's not you I was talking too."

Amy turned to Sticks who had an upset but angered look.

Sticks then said, "Wish I can say the same Fang. Spill it why are you here?" Fang answered with his toothy grin, "I was invited by a conman to attend his sons engagement party along with this guy mate. Gotta admit you look lovely Sticksy. But I like you the way you are love."

Sticks muttered, "Flirt...but thanks." Amy asked, "You two know each other?"

Sticks hesitated as she said, "Yeah. F-Fang is my betrothed. Meaning he's my future husband." Amy shouted in shock, "WHAT?!" Sticks sighed and said, "It all started long ago. After my great-great-grandfather Jebediah Badger was chased out of town he teamed up with Fangs great-great-Grandmother Contessa Weasel 'who was a ruthless bounty hunter' like him."

Fang said, "Guilty as charged."

Sticks continued, "After they met, they made an agreement that if they can work together they split the money 50-50. Their fortune grew and also their rebel against anyone who stood in their way but it also led to a partnership of both families. Later on they also agreed that their great-great-grandchildren will marry each other. Which means me and Fang were promised to be married to one another. It was first arranged by our parents when we were kids. Yet they still don't have a wedding date plan for us."

Amy asked, "Seriously?"

Fang then said as he wrapped an arm around Sticks, "Sadly yes mate. I maybe a bad bounty hunter but it doesn't mean I don't know how to be nice or how to love a person. Especially Sticksy The Badger."

Amy looked at her before Sticks said, "Amy I haft to. Plus he hates government politics as I do." Fang shrugs and said, "It's a hobby mate. Say wanna have a drink with me love?"

Sticks shrugged and said, "Sure. Ya know you shoulda been my escort the last time I was in one of these parties."

Fang then said as the two walked off arm in arm, "Ahh I be better than an escort for you love. We are going to be together after all Sticksy."

Amy was left alone before she heard another familiar voice that said, "Well isn't this a surprise? Amy Rose all alone." She sees the second well-dressed civilian was Silver The Hedgehog. Amy then simply said, "Silver?"

She couldn't believe her eyes. He was more handsome to her than ever. Silver simply replied as he walked down stairs, "I'm not the only one."

Then a familiar rabbit (wearing an orange and white formal gown) with a chou came up from behind and said, "Long time no see Amy. It's been a while." Amy immediately recognized her from TV and the past. She simply said in shock, "Cream? Cheese? Is that really you two?"

Cream replied, "Well duh. How many rabbits do you know with a Chou?" Amy didn't know what to say but she went up and hugged her other best friend and said, "You have no idea how much I missed you Cream."

Thats when the two broke the hug and talked about what they have been missing. Meanwhile with Knuckles who was still feeling troubled about what was wrong with Sonic.

He kept thinking what has happened to him and all those times he took down villains in a hint of rage. That time with those villains took down in that kind of rage was enough to make Knuckles shutter. The screaming in anger and the violent brutality towards the villains they faced.

Knuckles wasn't so sure. He thought to himself, "Why? Those attacks he was making were not the usual times we fight against Eggman or anyone else that's a villain. It was like something of a wounded animal trying to defend itself from enemies. ...or the attack of a broken hearted person 'who couldn't stand to see us hurt' for some reason. I really dunno. But I know this. If any of us were wounded or about to be Sonic would go in a fit of rage and attack like that. It scares me to see that. Though I couldn't help but think I added his sadness with my arrogance and selfishness towards him. But I know it's not just that. ...Oh Sonic I love you. I don't wanna hurt you."

Thats when Barker touched him on the shoulder and said, "Hey!"

Knuckles turns to him before Barker said, "I've been calling you 8 times already. You may wanna go home besides the parties halfway over."

Knuckles nodded before he walked off.

Barker asked while wait him walk off, "Whassup with him?" Mayor Fink replied, "He's worried about Sonic is all."

Barker then said with a hint of surprise, "Really? I never thought he cared that much about Sonic. It strangely surprises me." Fink replied, "It surprises me too."